RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problem in GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problem in GIMP delos 29 Jan 09:57
  Problem in GIMP R Kimber 29 Jan 12:29
  Problem in GIMP scl 29 Jan 20:40
   Problem in GIMP delos 29 Jan 22:51
2014-01-29 09:57:19 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

Problem in GIMP

Hi,

I'm running GIMP 2.8.0 with XQuartz 2.7.5 (xorg-server 1.14.4) on OSX 10.9.1 Mavericks.

Recently (last several months) I have noticed the program flicker every 5-15 seconds (never done it before). If I am dragging an image, creating a rectangle selection, anything really - when the program flickers, it will interrupt whatever I'm doing, sort of as if I've clicked the mouse button. Another example, drawing a line on the page - when the flicker occurs, the line will stop drawing (even though I'm still holding down the mouse button) and I'll have to click again to resume.

It's very frustrating as it interferes with pretty much everything I try to do.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Dylan

R Kimber
2014-01-29 12:29:12 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Problem in GIMP

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:57:19 +0100 delos wrote:

Hi,

I'm running GIMP 2.8.0 with XQuartz 2.7.5 (xorg-server 1.14.4) on OSX 10.9.1 Mavericks.

Recently (last several months) I have noticed the program flicker every 5-15 seconds (never done it before). If I am dragging an image, creating a rectangle selection, anything really - when the program flickers, it will interrupt whatever I'm doing, sort of as if I've clicked the mouse button. Another example, drawing a line on the page - when the flicker occurs, the line will stop drawing (even though I'm still holding down the mouse button) and I'll have to click again to resume.

It's very frustrating as it interferes with pretty much everything I try to do.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I had a problem with the mouse cursor flickering, although more rapidly than you report. This has just been cured by an update to my graphics driver. Maybe your problem is similar. You could try a different version of your driver?

- Richard.

Richard Kimber
scl
2014-01-29 20:40:46 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Problem in GIMP

On 29.1.2014 at 10:57 AM delos wrote:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Dylan,

you could use GIMP 2.8.10. It's without the need of XQuartz, so this could solve this problem.

Kind regards,

Sven

2014-01-29 22:51:04 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

Problem in GIMP

AWESOME! Finally!

Thanks Sven, I will try this first.

On 29.1.2014 at 10:57 AM delos wrote: Hi Dylan,

you could use GIMP 2.8.10. It's without the need of XQuartz, so this could solve this problem.

Kind regards,

Sven