RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

No Brush Previews

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

No Brush Previews uncle808us 23 Jan 20:00
  No Brush Previews uncle808us 24 Jan 01:16
  No Brush Previews scl 24 Jan 06:45
2014-01-23 20:00:54 UTC (over 10 years ago)
postings

No Brush Previews

Hi I'm using Gimp 2.8.10 on Mac Mavericks It used to be in Gimp 2.8.8 for Mac I would see the preview of the brush as the cursor so I could judge what the size was going to be now in 2.8.10 Mac (running Mavericks). I have no preview. Just an cross hair and the brush icon. So I have to blindly guess the size of the brush. Is there a way to get this back? I hope someone can help. Thank you. Edit/Preferences -> Image Windows -> Mouse Pointers -> Show brush outline is ticked on. Again thanks.

2014-01-24 01:16:21 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

No Brush Previews

Hi I'm using Gimp 2.8.10 on Mac Mavericks It used to be in Gimp 2.8.8 for Mac I would see the preview of the brush as the cursor so I could judge what the size was going to be now in 2.8.10 Mac (running Mavericks).
I have no preview. Just an cross hair and the brush icon. So I have to blindly guess the size of the brush. Is there a way to get this back? I hope someone can help. Thank you. Edit/Preferences -> Image Windows -> Mouse Pointers -> Show brush outline is ticked on.
Again thanks.

http://gimp.lisanet.de/Website/News/Eintrage/2013/12/2_Just_a_bugfix_release.html

Hi everybody. Some of you might have noticed, that the latest GIMP 2.8.10 package had a nasty bug. The outline of brushes, pencils, the clone tool and others were not visible. That made it very hard to draw, paint or use the tools accurately. Although the last release only has an age of 3 days, I‘ve made a new package with the fix, because I think many depend on the painting capabilities. So, go to the download page to get the fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have fun. Simone Karin

Just a bugfix release

scl
2014-01-24 06:45:38 UTC (about 10 years ago)

No Brush Previews

On 23.1.2014 at 9:00 PM uncle808us wrote:> Hi I'm using Gimp 2.8.10 on Mac Mavericks

It used to be in Gimp 2.8.8 for Mac I would see the preview of the brush as the cursor so I could judge what the size was going to be now in 2.8.10 Mac (running Mavericks).
I have no preview. Just an cross hair and the brush icon. So I have to blindly guess the size of the brush.

Thank you for telling us.

Does this bug also occur with Clayton Walkers GIMP 2.8.10 build on OS X Mavericks? This is the first download link at the GIMP download site on Mac, the file is named gimp-2.8.10-dmg-1.dmg

@Simone Karin: if so, can you please submit your patch to us? I couldn't find it in your repository.

Thank you in advance.

Sven