RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp users matter

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mailman.372.1389473707.6166... 12 Jan 02:19
  gimp users matter roadie 12 Jan 02:19
   gimp users matter ugajin@talktalk.net 12 Jan 12:54
roadie
2014-01-12 02:19:12 UTC (over 10 years ago)

gimp users matter

And, Liam, I believe this is what you're asking. In 2.8, I save every few minutes with File > Save. I see a brief less than a second progress bar but nothing changes. All is well. At some point later, the picture is (more or less, sort of) finished,
and I want to send it somewhere. I go through four steps: File > Save (just to be sure) and then File > export. I confirm, a longer (10 seconds?) progress bar, and then the image is gone. No there. Yes, I can still open it with Digikam or Gimp's File > Open Recent, or with Gimp's document history, and maybe I need to just accept that.
My old ubuntu laptop with 2.6 is very old and not suitable for real work, and I think that my SuSE 12 probably would not support the 2.6 gtk

Helen,
this sounds as if you want to open the PNG or JPG file. If your open image window in Gimp has a button at the lower right that says: GIMP XCF image (*.xcf) then that file wont be listed. You could set the button to All images. But if I went into my studio to paint a canvas (painting.xcf) and later took a polaroid of my progress (Export > painting.png) I would not continue my work by painting on the polaroid. But maybe I misunderstand and you have a bug in your GIMP or gtk.

ugajin@talktalk.net
2014-01-12 12:54:58 UTC (over 10 years ago)

gimp users matter

It is hard to tell, but this sounds like a work flow issue.

-----Original Message----- From: roadie
To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Sent: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 2:20
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] gimp users matter

And, Liam, I believe this is what you're asking. In 2.8, I save every few minutes with File > Save. I see a brief less than a second progress bar but nothing changes. All is well. At some point later, the picture is (more or less, sort of) finished,
and I want to send it somewhere. I go through four steps: File > Save (just to be sure) and then File > export. I confirm, a longer (10 seconds?) progress bar, and then the image is gone. No there. Yes, I can still open it with Digikam or Gimp's File > Open Recent, or with Gimp's document history, and maybe I need to just accept that.
My old ubuntu laptop with 2.6 is very old and not suitable for real work, and I think that my SuSE 12 probably would not support the 2.6 gtk

Helen,
this sounds as if you want to open the PNG or JPG file. If your open image window in Gimp has a button at the lower right that says: “GIMP XCF image (*.xcf)” then that file wont be listed. You could set the button to “All images”.
But if I went into my studio to paint a canvas (painting.xcf) and later took a polaroid of my progress (Export > painting.png) I would not continue my work by painting on the polaroid.
But maybe I misunderstand and you have a bug in your GIMP or gtk.