RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Macro recorder

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Macro recorder Wolfgang Hugemann 04 Jan 13:31
  Macro recorder Alexandre Prokoudine 04 Jan 14:02
   Macro recorder Wolfgang Hugemann 06 Jan 19:15
  Macro recorder scl 04 Jan 14:25
Wolfgang Hugemann
2014-01-04 13:31:53 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Macro recorder

I have tried to find about usable macro recorders for Gimp and only read about Gimpscripter, but there were no reports about whether it is really working. So my question is whether there is any usable macro recorder for Gimp.

Wolfgang Hugemann

P.S.: I don't need to ne taught about the limited functionality of such a feature. I have used the macro recorder in Microsoft Office quite a lot and found it very useful over the years: You usually cannot use a recorded macro out of the box, but it gives you an idea of which functionality/object to use. It is a very instructive way of learnig an new macro language.

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-01-04 14:02:36 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Macro recorder

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Wolfgang Hugemann wrote:

I have tried to find about usable macro recorders for Gimp and only read about Gimpscripter, but there were no reports about whether it is really working. So my question is whether there is any usable macro recorder for Gimp.

Not at the moment, to the best of my knowledge.

I don't need to ne taught about the limited functionality of such a feature.

Why would you be? It's even in the project's roadmap.

Alexandre

scl
2014-01-04 14:25:03 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Macro recorder

Hi,

there was a university project [Adaptable GIMP] some years ago which had a functionality similar to PS Actions.
IIRC it was based on collected usage data and aggregated single tool actions into tasks. Unfortunately it seems to be abandoned. IMHO it's rationale is a nice approach and I would really like to know what happened with the project.

In the meantime you can try [BIMP] (GIMP with batch processing capabilities) or write your own scripts or plug-ins. To make it easy for yourself I think Python is more suitable than the Script-fu/Scheme language.

Greetings,

Sven

[Adaptable GIMP]: formerly at www.adaptablegimp.org

[BIMP]: http://registry.gimp.org/node/26259

Wolfgang Hugemann
2014-01-06 19:15:51 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Macro recorder

Am 04.01.2014 15:02, schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:

I don't need to ne taught about the limited functionality of such a feature.

Why would you be? It's even in the project's roadmap.

Well, then I'm lucky this time. My general impression with this mailing list is that each time you ask for something that is not obvious to everyone, someone will surely try to make you look like an idiot -- that makes me cautious.

Wolfgang Hugemann