RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Why GIMP adding white line to PNG?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Why GIMP adding white line to PNG? Keith Purtell 07 Nov 21:08
  Why GIMP adding white line to PNG? Michael Schumacher 07 Nov 21:52
Keith Purtell
2013-11-07 21:08:29 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Today I converted a client logo to a Web png in GIMP. Simple blue text on a transparent background. Although the GIMP original shows nothing but "checkerboard" around the text, each time I exported a png, it ended up with a white line across the top. After some tinkering, I stopped it from doing that by making the canvas slightly taller. Possible reasons? (Tried Google but find anyone else w/same prob.)

Keith

Michael Schumacher
2013-11-07 21:52:19 UTC (over 10 years ago)

On 07.11.2013 22:08, Keith Purtell wrote:

Today I converted a client logo to a Web png in GIMP. Simple blue text on a transparent background. Although the GIMP original shows nothing but "checkerboard" around the text, each time I exported a png, it ended up with a white line across the top. After some tinkering, I stopped it from doing that by making the canvas slightly taller. Possible reasons? (Tried Google but find anyone else w/same prob.)

In a few similar cases, users have found that the image size and the expected size in the html code where it was used were different, and that caused the error.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD