RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Windows Installer - 64 or 32 bit?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Windows Installer - 64 or 32 bit? Wolfgang Hugemann 07 Nov 10:08
  Windows Installer - 64 or 32 bit? Joseph A Nagy Jr 07 Nov 20:08
   Windows Installer - 64 or 32 bit? Michael Schumacher 07 Nov 20:20
Wolfgang Hugemann
2013-11-07 10:08:23 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Hello to all,

I am new to this list (but not so new to Gimp). I will hold a photo and video editing seminar tomorrow where I will present Gimp as an alternative to Photoshop.

There has been only one precompiled Windows Installer for Gimp ever since and I wonder whether it installs a 64 bit or a 32 version of Gimp - or just chooses the adequate (?).

The program's "Help" info is of not much help in regard to this issue. 32 vs. 64 bit software seems to bee a big issue under Window at the moment and will surely provoke questions tomorrow. So could you please enlighten me?

Greetings from Germany Wolfgang Hugemann

Joseph A Nagy Jr
2013-11-07 20:08:04 UTC (over 10 years ago)

On 11/7/2013 4:08 AM, Wolfgang Hugemann wrote:

Hello to all,

I am new to this list (but not so new to Gimp). I will hold a photo and video editing seminar tomorrow where I will present Gimp as an alternative to Photoshop.

There has been only one precompiled Windows Installer for Gimp ever since and I wonder whether it installs a 64 bit or a 32 version of Gimp - or just chooses the adequate (?).

The program's "Help" info is of not much help in regard to this issue. 32 vs. 64 bit software seems to bee a big issue under Window at the moment and will surely provoke questions tomorrow. So could you please enlighten me?

Greetings from Germany Wolfgang Hugemann

Asked and answered, the Windows downloader pulls the one needed if I read Jernej's post right.

Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Emails are not formal business letters, whatever businesses may want.
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt
Michael Schumacher
2013-11-07 20:20:28 UTC (over 10 years ago)

On 07.11.2013 21:08, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

On 11/7/2013 4:08 AM, Wolfgang Hugemann wrote:

Asked and answered, the Windows downloader pulls the one needed if I read Jernej's post right.

No, you read that wrong. The installer from http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ contains both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

There is no downloader.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD