RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP2.0.3 on Mandrake 10.0

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP2.0.3 on Mandrake 10.0 Alexander Rabtchevich 06 Aug 09:01
  GIMP2.0.3 on Mandrake 10.0 Dave Neary 06 Aug 11:43
  GIMP2.0.3 on Mandrake 10.0 Joao S. O. Bueno 06 Aug 15:04
Alexander Rabtchevich
2004-08-06 09:01:34 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I've managed to install GIMP2.0.3 on Mandrake 10.0. I had to install 25 ! packages to resolve dependences (gtkhtml isn't installed still because it requires almost all new Gnome libraries I guess). As I've read there are people who want to install 2 on Mandrake 10. So I'll post a message today later with description of the process and links to required packages.

P.S. Yesterday I've managed to install GIMP2.0.3. It took the whole day long (I'm not a guru :) ), but today the newer 2.0.4 is announced... ;)

Dave Neary
2004-08-06 11:43:10 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Quoting Alexander Rabtchevich :

P.S. Yesterday I've managed to install GIMP2.0.3. It took the whole day long (I'm not a guru :) ), but today the newer 2.0.4 is announced... ;)

The good news is you don't have to re-install the dependencies, just the newer GIMP ;)

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France

Joao S. O. Bueno
2004-08-06 15:04:09 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Friday 06 August 2004 04:01, Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:

I've managed to install GIMP2.0.3 on Mandrake 10.0. I had to install 25 ! packages to resolve dependences (gtkhtml isn't installed still because it requires almost all new Gnome libraries I guess). As I've read there are people who want to install 2 on Mandrake 10. So I'll post a message today later with description of the process and links to required packages.

hmmm?

You certainly install to few things by default on your MDK system... I never had to install more than a few extra packages to have GIMP running on MDK 10.0.

Anyway, it will be agood thing if you paste in an e-mail to the list all the packages you needed and other steps that you might have incurred into.

In that way, your experience may show up as a guide to someone who googles for "installing gimp 2 in Mandrake 10.0", as the list's archives are acessible through the web.

Also note that in the contribs RPMS for MDK 10.0 there is a gimp2 RPM. That means that if you configure a contrib repositorie as one of your urpmi sources, URPMI can take care of all dependencies for you.

Regards,

JS ->