RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

changing shortcut keys

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

changing shortcut keys Gaston Garcia 14 Jul 01:00
  changing shortcut keys Joao S. O. Bueno 14 Jul 05:12
   changing shortcut keys Gaston Garcia 15 Jul 01:53
Gaston Garcia
2004-07-14 01:00:15 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

changing shortcut keys

hi, I'm having problems changing the shortcut keys in The Gimp 2. What is the order of steps in order to change a shortcut. For example make Zoom tool have "z" as key.

thanks

Gaston.

Joao S. O. Bueno
2004-07-14 05:12:01 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

changing shortcut keys

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 20:00, Gaston Garcia wrote:

hi, I'm having problems changing the shortcut keys in The Gimp 2. What is the order of steps in order to change a shortcut. For example make Zoom tool have "z" as key.

Hi Gaston!

Unfortunattely, GTK mnemonics (i.e. key acelerators in the menus), broke the pratical way odf dinamycally assigning shortcuts on The Gimp.

You can turn on "dinamic shortcuts" on the preferences dialog - but taht will allow shortcuts like "shift + z" and "ctrl + z"...the only way, in GIMP 2.0.X to reliably assign single letter shortcuts to commands is to manually edit your ~/.gimp-2.0/menurc file .

Regards,

JS ->

thanks

Gaston.
_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Gaston Garcia
2004-07-15 01:53:01 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

changing shortcut keys

Thanks ok, I'll try that.

gaston

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:12:01 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 20:00, Gaston Garcia wrote:

Hi Gaston!

Unfortunattely, GTK mnemonics (i.e. key acelerators in the menus), broke the pratical way odf dinamycally assigning shortcuts on The Gimp.

You can turn on "dinamic shortcuts" on the preferences dialog - but taht will allow shortcuts like "shift + z" and "ctrl + z"...the only way, in GIMP 2.0.X to reliably assign single letter shortcuts to commands is to manually edit your ~/.gimp-2.0/menurc file .

Regards,

JS ->

thanks

Gaston.