RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Perl modules with Gimp 2.0 & MORE...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Perl modules with Gimp 2.0 Vittorio 12 Jul 15:21
  Perl modules with Gimp 2.0 Seth Burgess 12 Jul 14:34
   Perl modules with Gimp 2.0 Sven Neumann 12 Jul 19:42
   Perl modules with Gimp 2.0 & MORE... Vittorio 13 Jul 15:44
Seth Burgess
2004-07-12 14:34:06 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Perl modules with Gimp 2.0

s/undo_push/undo/

A small number of calls (some of them frequently used) have changed between versions; you might want to look at the ChangeLog for others.

Happy GIMPing,

Seth Burgess sjburges@gimp.org

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:21:07 +0100, Vittorio wrote:

A perfectly working perl module with the Gimp 1.2.3 now, with the Gimp 2.0.2 and the CPAN Gimp 2.0 stuff, stops during the execution saying:

Subroutine Gimp::gimp_undo_push_group_start redefined at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/Gimp.pm line 603.

What does it mean and what should I do?

Ciao Vittorio

Vittorio
2004-07-12 15:21:07 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

A perfectly working perl module with the Gimp 1.2.3 now, with the Gimp 2.0.2 and the CPAN Gimp 2.0 stuff, stops during the execution saying:

Subroutine Gimp::gimp_undo_push_group_start redefined at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/Gimp.pm line 603.

Ciao Vittorio

Sven Neumann
2004-07-12 19:42:19 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

Seth Burgess writes:

s/undo_push/undo/

A small number of calls (some of them frequently used) have changed between versions; you might want to look at the ChangeLog for others.

Figuring out the changes from reading the ChangeLog is probably quite tedious. Actually we are still looking for a volunteer to write the "How to port your GIMP 1.2 plug-in/script to the GIMP 2.0 API" chapter for the developer documentation. Until that has happened, it is probably best to consult the API docs (distributed with the GIMP tarball and online at http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/).

Most changes are also listed in the compatibility header gimpcompat.h. This file is meant to be temporarily included while porting a C plug-in but it should also help you when porting a perl script.

Sven

Vittorio
2004-07-13 15:44:29 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Perl modules with Gimp 2.0 & MORE...

Seth,

Many thanks for your quick reply. Now it all works fine!

Unfortunately for me the ChangeLog file wasn't that clear. But now, at last, I know how to use it! Thanks again.

Now, the perl module I have just fixed (called "join2pics", labels are in Italian) with your help combines two picture into one. In a nutshell, if you want to print on a A4 sheet four pictures ( as I often do with my digital camer's photos) you just call twice join2pics combining the picture you like either horizontally or vertically.
I think this module, translated into English, could be helpful to other people. How could I contribute it to other "GIMPers"?

Happy GIMPing to you

Vittorio

On Monday 12 July 2004 13:34, Seth Burgess wrote:

s/undo_push/undo/

Happy GIMPing,

Seth Burgess sjburges@gimp.org

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:21:07 +0100, Vittorio

wrote:

Ciao Vittorio