RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

bitmap-fonts in gimp2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

bitmap-fonts in gimp2 Gerfried Maier 07 Jul 10:34
  bitmap-fonts in gimp2 Sven Neumann 07 Jul 13:37
bitmap-fonts in gimp2 Gerfried Maier 19 Jul 10:53
Gerfried Maier
2004-07-07 10:34:12 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

bitmap-fonts in gimp2

Hello list!

I'd need to use the bitmap-fonts of my X-installation to draw quite small test. Unfortunately the font-tool shows only the type1 and truetype fonts (which look quite ugly at small sizes).

Is there any possibility to use bitmap fonts within gimp2?

Thanks for any hint Maier Gerfried

Sven Neumann
2004-07-07 13:37:17 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

bitmap-fonts in gimp2

Hi,

Gerfried Maier writes:

I'd need to use the bitmap-fonts of my X-installation to draw quite small test. Unfortunately the font-tool shows only the type1 and truetype fonts (which look quite ugly at small sizes).

Is there any possibility to use bitmap fonts within gimp2?

Yes, you just need to configure fontconfig to list them. See http://gimp.org/unix/fonts.html.

Sven

Gerfried Maier
2004-07-19 10:53:03 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

bitmap-fonts in gimp2

Hello Sven!

Unfortunately I did not receive your mail. But I just found it in the archives.

Thanks for your hint. There was a second fonts.conf creeping around in my system which did not allow the bitmap fonts. I was able to fix this.

Gerfried

Sven Neumann wrote:

> Hi, >
> Gerfried Maier writes:
> >
> > I'd need to use the bitmap-fonts of my X-installation to draw quite > > small test. Unfortunately the font-tool shows only the type1 and > > truetype fonts (which look quite ugly at small sizes). > >
> > Is there any possibility to use bitmap fonts within gimp2? >
> Yes, you just need to configure fontconfig to list them. See > http://gimp.org/unix/fonts.html.

> Sven