RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

text options

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

text options Pawel Müller 06 Jul 01:45
  text options Sven Neumann 06 Jul 00:48
   text options Carol Spears 06 Jul 17:11
    text options Sven Neumann 06 Jul 17:15
     text options Pawel Müller 07 Jul 20:02
Sven Neumann
2004-07-06 00:48:55 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

text options

Hi,

Pawel Müller writes:

I just changed to gimp-2.0, and it's real great. But: I miss somethin'.

In gimp1.2.x I could get access to the character map of a font. I need it, 'cause I have to design some polish posters. So my question is, how I can get gimp-2.0 to print such a charMap, or if there is another possibility to write with polish (or other) charakters.

All you need to do is to enter the polish character. There are a couple of ways to do that. You can use a character picker application like gucharmap (which also provides a nice character table input module that is accessible from the text editor's right-click menu) or you can use the Compose key as described in another mail here earlier today.

Sven

Pawel Müller
2004-07-06 01:45:15 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

text options

Salve folks,

I just changed to gimp-2.0, and it's real great. But: I miss somethin'.

In gimp1.2.x I could get access to the character map of a font. I need it, 'cause I have to design some polish posters. So my question is, how I can get gimp-2.0 to print such a charMap, or if there is another possibility to write with polish (or other) charakters.

thx a lot Pawel

Carol Spears
2004-07-06 17:11:53 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

text options

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 12:48:55AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

Pawel M?ller writes:

need it, 'cause I have to design some polish posters. So my question is, how I can get gimp-2.0 to print such a charMap, or if there is another possibility to write with polish (or other) charakters.

All you need to do is to enter the polish character. There are a couple of ways to do that. You can use a character picker application like gucharmap (which also provides a nice character table input module that is accessible from the text editor's right-click menu) or you can use the Compose key as described in another mail here earlier today.

shouldnt using a polish keyboard and a font with the characters included work to produce polish text?

carol

Sven Neumann
2004-07-06 17:15:38 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

text options

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

shouldnt using a polish keyboard and a font with the characters included work to produce polish text?

Yes of course. But I assumed that a polish keyboard wasn't available.

Sven

Pawel Müller
2004-07-07 20:02:28 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

text options

Hi folks,

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 15:15, Sven Neumann wrote:

Carol Spears writes:

Oh Sorry, I did not seen the polish characters on my polish keyboard I conjured out of my pocket ;-)

Yes of course. But I assumed that a polish keyboard wasn't available.

exactly

But thx. a lot 'bout that hint regarding gucharmap ... it was very helpful

bye Pawel