RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Windows copy/paste issue (repost)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Windows copy/paste issue Jae 02 Jul 21:19
Windows copy/paste issue (repost) Jae 02 Jul 21:22
  Windows copy/paste issue (repost) Michael Schumacher 02 Jul 22:31
  Windows copy/paste issue (repost) Sven Neumann 02 Jul 22:47
  Windows copy/paste issue (repost) Michael Schumacher 02 Jul 22:55
20040702190025.B0C5F12B66@l... 07 Oct 20:16
Jae
2004-07-02 21:19:43 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Windows copy/paste issue

Hello,

I've been having an issue lately where GIMP 2.0.1 (and I upgraded today and found 2.0.2, as well) is having the following two problems:

It can't seem to read the Windows clipboard anymore. It had been, and now it's not. I upgraded and still nothing.

Also, whenever I copy and paste something from within GIMP, I get the following error message:

Jae
2004-07-02 21:22:40 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

I honestly hate Windows. I'd be on my Mac right now if the old girl could handle half the stuff I wish she could...

Hello,

I've been having an issue lately where GIMP 2.0.1 (and I upgraded today and found 2.0.2, as well) is having the following two problems:

It can't seem to read the Windows clipboard anymore. It had been, and now it's not. I upgraded and still nothing.

Also, whenever I copy and paste something from within GIMP, I get the following error message:

** (gimp-2.0.exe:1456): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Microsoft Sans Serif Italic 10" falling back to "Sans Italic 10"

The last one pops up in an MS-DOS prompt. These are annoying bugs, and the only thing that stands in my way when using GIMP (I use it anyway, I just get annoyed by the extra window popping up). I'm using the following:

Windows 2000 Professional with the latest updates and service packs GTK + 2 v2.4.3
GIMP 2.0.2

Any clues/ideas/suggestions?

~Jae

Michael Schumacher
2004-07-02 22:31:58 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Jae wrote:

** (gimp-2.0.exe:1456): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Microsoft Sans Serif Italic 10" falling back to "Sans Italic 10"

Any clues/ideas/suggestions?

http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/faq.html

HTH, Michael

Sven Neumann
2004-07-02 22:47:29 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

"Jae" writes:

You are using "Edit->Paste from Clipboard" ?

This is a font configuration issue and IIRC it is handled in the FAQ on Jernej's site.

Sven

Michael Schumacher
2004-07-02 22:55:11 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Jae wrote:

Seems to work fine.
Please note that the Win32 clipboard is accessed by a plug-in, which adds two entries to the Edit menu (copy to/paste from clipboard) and one to File->Acquire.

Maybe you had assigned some shortcuts to these entries in previous versions?

HTH, Michael