RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP benchmarking?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP benchmarking? Chris St. Pierre 30 Jun 21:36
  GIMP benchmarking? Thomas Piekarski 01 Jul 00:48
Chris St. Pierre
2004-06-30 21:36:03 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

GIMP benchmarking?

I'm doing some benchmarking among a few boxes, and I'd like to include image processing. Can anyone recommend something to throw at the GIMP to produce a benchmark? I know they usually do things like 40 Photoshop filter tests; would something similar be feasable in the GIMP? How would I go about doing it? (I am, if it's not already obvious, a n00b when it comes to the GIMP.)

Thanks!

Chris St. Pierre Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University

Thomas Piekarski
2004-07-01 00:48:18 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

GIMP benchmarking?

On Wednesday, the 30. June 2004 [UTC: 1088598963] "Chris St. Pierre" writes...

I'm doing some benchmarking among a few boxes, and I'd like to include image processing. Can anyone recommend something to throw at the GIMP to produce a benchmark? I know they usually do things like 40 Photoshop filter tests; would something similar be feasable in the GIMP? How would I go about doing it? (I am, if it's not already obvious, a n00b when it comes to the GIMP.)

Hi Chris,

I know it may be not the right place to suggest you just another program, for benchmarking related to image processing. I thought about ImageMagick [1] or netpbm [2], this two packages of programs provide almost console based utilities. So for example you can drive some complex modifications, converting and effects with the program convert from ImageMagick for your benchmark.

If you think this is not really comparable with a benchmark on windows, you can get exact the same utility under Windows for benchmarking. ImageMagick is available for both operating systems - Windows and UNI*X.

When you decide to stay by the GIMP so just try the batch processing, but with this processing I can not help you out, because I have only heard about it but I never used it.

Greetings, Thomas.

___ Links:
[1] http://www.imagemagick.org
[2] http://netpbm.sourceforge.net