RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Print multiple photos

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Print multiple photos Gary Montalbine 23 Jun 23:43
  Print multiple photos Owen Cook 23 Jun 23:59
   Print multiple photos Gary Montalbine 24 Jun 23:37
  Print multiple photos Steve Crane 24 Jun 00:06
  Print multiple photos Patrick Shanahan 24 Jun 00:07
  Print multiple photos Vittorio 24 Jun 15:15
Gary Montalbine
2004-06-23 23:43:42 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Print multiple photos

I have been searching for a way to print 4 photos at the same time on a sheet of photo paper using gimp and gimp print. I find that if I print them one at a time the mechanical part of the printer scratches the photos already printed.

Is there any possible solution?

Gary

Owen Cook
2004-06-23 23:59:10 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Print multiple photos

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Gary Montalbine wrote:

I have been searching for a way to print 4 photos at the same time on a sheet of photo paper using gimp and gimp print. I find that if I print them one at a time the mechanical part of the printer scratches the photos already printed.

(untested)

Perhaps you can create a new image==paper size@300dpi (Big image)

Then cut and paste (resize if necessary) your other photos(rescaled if necessary) onto this new image.

Owen

Steve Crane
2004-06-24 00:06:25 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Print multiple photos

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 05:43:42PM -0400, Gary Montalbine wrote:

I have been searching for a way to print 4 photos at the same time on a sheet of photo paper using gimp and gimp print.

What about creating a new image, the size of a sheet of paper and then laying the four photos out on it? You can then print the single image containing the four photos.

Patrick Shanahan
2004-06-24 00:07:05 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Print multiple photos

* Gary Montalbine [06-23-04 16:43]:

Use ImageMagick/montage (man montage) to combine several photos into one photo so you can print one as many.

Vittorio
2004-06-24 15:15:44 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Print multiple photos

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 22:43, Gary Montalbine wrote:

Gary

Gary Montalbine
2004-06-24 23:37:30 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Print multiple photos

Owen Cook wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Gary Montalbine wrote:

(untested)

Perhaps you can create a new image==paper size@300dpi (Big image)

Then cut and paste (resize if necessary) your other photos(rescaled if necessary) onto this new image.

Owen

New image, rescale and copy and paste worked.

Thanks for everyones help.

Gary