RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to fill...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how to fill... scythargon 14 Aug 13:32
  how to fill... Chris Mohler 14 Aug 15:16
   how to fill... SavvySaffer 17 Aug 05:59
  how to fill... Joao S. O. Bueno 17 Aug 19:27
2012-08-14 13:32:46 UTC (over 11 years ago)
postings

how to fill...

I have area(the whole layer) that I have filled with semi-transparent gradient, so now, I select it - (layer->alpha to selection) and trying to fill with ordinary non-transparent color, but I get the same area with the same semi-transparent gradient, the only thing that I changed - the main color of gradient:(

Chris Mohler
2012-08-14 15:16:45 UTC (over 11 years ago)

how to fill...

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM, scythargon wrote:

I have area(the whole layer) that I have filled with semi-transparent gradient, so now, I select it - (layer->alpha to selection) and trying to fill with ordinary non-transparent color, but I get the same area with the same semi-transparent gradient, the only thing that I changed - the main color of gradient:(

You're selecting only the alpha channel. On that layer, "Select All", then fill.

Chris

2012-08-17 05:59:51 UTC (over 11 years ago)
postings

how to fill...

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM, scythargon wrote:

You're selecting only the alpha channel. On that layer, "Select All", then fill.

Chris

The Alpha Channel is a greyscale channel that only contains information about the transparency of the pixels in the layer. When you select by alpha channel, you're only selecting the part of the image with non-zero 'opaqueness'.

Joao S. O. Bueno
2012-08-17 19:27:47 UTC (over 11 years ago)

how to fill...

On 14 August 2012 10:32, scythargon wrote:

I am not shure about what you actually want to achieve, but it sounds like you could make use of the "behind" paint mode (change, on the tool options, the paint mode from "normal" to "behind". )

js
->

--
scythargon (via gimpusers.com)
_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
gimp-user-list@gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list