RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Getting rid of those nasty little white dots around an image....

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Getting rid of those nasty little white dots around an image.... Hamish Whittal 14 Jun 13:57
  Getting rid of those nasty little white dots around an image.... Carol Spears 14 Jun 15:49
  Getting rid of those nasty little white dots around an image.... John Dietsch 16 Jun 00:43
Hamish Whittal
2004-06-14 13:57:21 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hello list,
I have an image on a white BG I want to put it onto another colour BG. I have selected it quite accurately, but now I still have those pesky 'white' dots. It looks terrible - a bit like it has no anti-aliasing (I think that's the term). I have tried to blur it with the raindrop tool (blur and sharpen tool), but this makes the image quite fuzzy and not at all good to look at. I did try a shaper blur nib, but that does not seem to have any effect.

Any help gladly accepted.....

Thanks H

Carol Spears
2004-06-14 15:49:30 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 11:57:21AM +0000, Hamish Whittal wrote:

Hello list,
I have an image on a white BG I want to put it onto another colour BG. I have selected it quite accurately, but now I still have those pesky 'white' dots. It looks terrible - a bit like it has no anti-aliasing (I think that's the term). I have tried to blur it with the raindrop tool (blur and sharpen tool), but this makes the image quite fuzzy and not at all good to look at. I did try a shaper blur nib, but that does not seem to have any effect.

the first thing is to check to see if your image is indexed or not.

it should say so in the title bar of the image window.

carol

John Dietsch
2004-06-16 00:43:46 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Hamish Whittal wrote:

Hello list,

Any help gladly accepted.....

Thanks

Hamish, This method is blunt force, but it works. Enlarge the image with zoom (+ key or = key as I map it) till the smallest pencil tool is one pixel, make your background color active, change each white pixel to background till you are done.
John