RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

set mode or opacity for multiple layers at once?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

set mode or opacity for multiple layers at once? rutile@gmail.com 22 May 19:08
  set mode or opacity for multiple layers at once? Ofnuts 22 May 20:10
rutile@gmail.com
2012-05-22 19:08:27 UTC (almost 12 years ago)

Is it possible to set the blending mode or the opacity settings for multiple layers all at once? Ideally I'd like to select multiple layers and change the settings for all of them at once, but I can't seem to figure out a way to do this, so I think it doesn't exist?

Is this something other people would like to be able to do?

Ofnuts
2012-05-22 20:10:52 UTC (almost 12 years ago)

On 05/22/2012 09:08 PM, rutile@gmail.com wrote:

Is it possible to set the blending mode or the opacity settings for multiple layers all at once? Ideally I'd like to select multiple layers and change the settings for all of them at once, but I can't seem to figure out a way to do this, so I think it doesn't exist?

Is this something other people would like to be able to do?

I have a script that takes a stack of layers, and interleaves it with another stack of layers (or with a single layer duplicated enough times), while applying the same mode & opacity to all layers from one of the two stacks (mostly mean to merge something in an animation). See "interleave-layers" here: http://gimp-tools.sourceforge.net/tools.shtml