RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mode layer? [was: Calm and rational Save/Export workflow report ; )]

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Mode layer? [was: Calm and rational Save/Export workflow report ; )] Chris Mohler 16 May 16:31
Chris Mohler
2012-05-16 16:31:40 UTC (almost 12 years ago)

Mode layer? [was: Calm and rational Save/Export workflow report ; )]

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Chris Mohler wrote:

I need to keep the XCF in
either color or greyscale with extra layers/paths/etc but I also need to produce a flattened 1-bit image before exporting as TIFF.

Hmm - pending further geglization, would something like a "mode layer" be feasible? IE, a layer with options corresponding to the Image->Mode menu items?

For example I could add a "mode layer" of type "indexed" with 1-bit and threshold options and every visible layer underneath would be converted for preview, and exported as 1-bit. Not only would that let me take advantage of the new save/export behavior, but it would be useful in its own right: I could tweak the underlying gray/color layers and watch the changes to the 1-bit image in "real time" or just toggle the layer on/off to switch between views.

Just a random thought :)

Chris