RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Resizable Shape

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Resizable Shape Milen Dzhumerov 26 May 23:26
  Resizable Shape Jakub Steiner 27 May 20:09
Milen Dzhumerov
2004-05-26 23:26:52 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Resizable Shape

Hello people,

I am trying to migrate from photoshop to gimp and now for my site I need to use a custom shape - so it was called in photoshop. In fact, it is a resizable shape - like svg, and want to ask how can I convert it ? And can somebody convert it for me if it isn't very hard ?

Thanks in advance

Jakub Steiner
2004-05-27 20:09:20 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Resizable Shape

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 21:26 +0000, Milen Dzhumerov wrote:

Hello people,

I am trying to migrate from photoshop to gimp and now for my site I need to use a custom shape - so it was called in photoshop. In fact, it is a resizable shape - like svg, and want to ask how can I convert it ? And can somebody convert it for me if it isn't very hard ?

It' tough to guess from your description what functionality you are looking for. My bet is that you want scalable objects. GIMP does not support these yet.

If you want to have for example buttons that would resize depending on how much text there is in the label, I'm affraid you have to do a bit of manual work. Copy and paste works well if you have the button/element at one layer and the text on another layer above. You edit the text, copy a part (using a selection) of the button below, reposition that part (floating selection) so that the button grows and anchor back onto the background layer.

cheers