RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to get working my xvpics-thumbnails

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how to get working my xvpics-thumbnails Alfred Ostermeier 26 May 16:05
  how to get working my xvpics-thumbnails Sven Neumann 26 May 16:26
   how to get working my xvpics-thumbnails Alfred Ostermeier 27 May 03:35
Alfred Ostermeier
2004-05-26 16:05:16 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hello everybody,

i am absolutely new to this list and relatively to gimp. I still didn't find a solution to get the thumbnails automatically generated in the ".xvpics"-folder working. They are there as jpegs, pngs and other formats and in fact are some KB large, but when trying to display/ open them, there is a blank-paper-symbol in Konqueror respective no action by GIMP. Can anybody help me please?

Best regards, Alfred

Sven Neumann
2004-05-26 16:26:56 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

Alfred Ostermeier writes:

i am absolutely new to this list and relatively to gimp. I still didn't find a solution to get the thumbnails automatically generated in the ".xvpics"-folder working. They are there as jpegs, pngs and other formats and in fact are some KB large, but when trying to display/ open them, there is a blank-paper-symbol in Konqueror respective no action by GIMP. Can anybody help me please?

Please note that the files in the .xvpics folder are not jpegs, pngs and other formats as you might believe if you look at the file extension. They are all in an xv specific format which is probably not understood by Konqueror.

The .xvpics folder for thumbnails is deprecated and has been replaced by an implementation of the Thumbnail Managing Standard in GIMP 2.0. I suggest you update to GIMP 2.0. I don't know if Konqueror handles thumbnails according to the Thumbnail Managing Standard. If not then it's about time that this is implemented. Nautilus does it for quite a while already.

Sven

Alfred Ostermeier
2004-05-27 03:35:11 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Sven Neumann wrote:

The .xvpics folder for thumbnails is deprecated and has been replaced by an implementation of the Thumbnail Managing Standard in GIMP 2.0. I suggest you update to GIMP 2.0. I don't know if Konqueror handles thumbnails according to the Thumbnail Managing Standard. If not then it's about time that this is implemented. Nautilus does it for quite a while already.

Sven

Thanks!