RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

2.8... missing something

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

2.8... missing something gms9810 07 May 21:45
2.8... missing something Kevin Brubeck Unhammer 08 May 06:21
  2.8... missing something PictureZealot 12 May 23:18
   2.8... missing something Michael Schumacher 13 May 08:50
    2.8... missing something Paul Saumane 13 May 13:59
2012-05-07 21:45:29 UTC (almost 12 years ago)
postings

2.8... missing something

Hi, All
I just downloaded v2.8, installed it (Windows 7 Pro, 3g RAM, dual 1.66g cores, 120 G HD) and as I expected, it didn't work. I got the same results when I tried the various versions of 2.7. The installation seemed to go fine ut when I started it I got message after message about missing dlls, most of which were in the folder already. I went and downloaded the few that were actually missing and tried again with the same results. I've used Gimp since the very early days and am not a noob with computers so I'm wondering if this is a common problem and I need something that I don't have. BTW, one shout: Hi, Lyle, if you're still around.

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
2012-05-08 06:21:10 UTC (almost 12 years ago)

2.8... missing something

gms9810 writes:

Hi, All
I just downloaded v2.8, installed it (Windows 7 Pro, 3g RAM, dual 1.66g cores, 120 G HD) and as I expected, it didn't work. I got the same results when I tried the various versions of 2.7. The installation seemed to go fine ut when I started it I got message after message about missing dlls, most of which were in the folder already. I went and downloaded the few that were actually missing and tried again with the same results.

Which DLL's?

Is it a HP machine?

2012-05-12 23:18:26 UTC (almost 12 years ago)
postings

2.8... missing something

gms9810 writes:

Hi, All
I just downloaded v2.8, installed it (Windows 7 Pro, 3g RAM, dual 1.66g cores, 120 G HD) and as I expected, it didn't work. I got the same results when I tried the various versions of 2.7. The installation seemed to go fine ut when I started it I got message after message about missing dlls, most of which were in the folder already. I went and downloaded the few that were actually missing and tried again with the same results.

Which DLL's?

Is it a HP machine?

I get the same thing on a Dell/Windows. This seems to be a common problem and I can't find a good answer anywhere. I've tried renaming an often offending dll in the System32 dir., uninstalled and reinstalled and can't figure this out. Jeff

Michael Schumacher
2012-05-13 08:50:30 UTC (almost 12 years ago)

2.8... missing something

On 13.05.2012 01:18, PictureZealot wrote:

I get the same thing on a Dell/Windows. This seems to be a common problem and I can't find a good answer anywhere. I've tried renaming an often offending dll in the System32 dir., uninstalled and reinstalled and can't figure this out. Jeff

Use a tool like Process Monitor
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645) to discover the DLL files that are loaded.

Regards, Michael

Paul Saumane
2012-05-13 13:59:45 UTC (almost 12 years ago)

2.8... missing something

May be it is coming from a former installation. You might clean all former GIMP files in (you shalll not think to the "Regedit" provided that nothing concerning the GIMP is registered inside). c:\program files\ GIMP 2.0
also everything related to the GIMP in c:\Users\User ("yourself")... (if you are using Windows 7) or
c:\documents and Settings\User ("yourself").

Do note that if you are using W7-64bits part of the installation is in c:\Program Files, part of it in c:\Program Files (X86)

After erasing everything then you can start a new installation and GIMP might start properly.

Regards

Paul -----Message d'origine-----
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 10:50 AM
To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] 2.8... missing something

On 13.05.2012 01:18, PictureZealot wrote:

I get the same thing on a Dell/Windows. This seems to be a common problem and I can't find a good answer anywhere. I've tried renaming an often offending dll in the System32 dir., uninstalled and reinstalled and can't figure this out.
Jeff

Use a tool like Process Monitor
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645) to discover the DLL files that are loaded.

Regards, Michael