RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP question

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP question brad stevenson 27 Apr 18:24
  GIMP question Chris Mohler 27 Apr 18:55
brad stevenson
2012-04-27 18:24:02 UTC (almost 12 years ago)

GIMP question

hello,

have been using gimp or a short time and am looking for some help. i am trying to design thank you cards for multiple people using a picture and text. i am trying to save a 'template' design with the picture and the bulk of the text, hoping to then be able to reopen the project and edit the text to change the name for each card.  
i have tried save as template but when i open this through new image as suggested in the help section it only opens with the outline shape, no pictue or text. when i save the image normally it flattens the image and i cant open just the text box to edit the text.  
is there a way i can do what i want to?  
Apologies if this is quite basic and covered somewhere, but I havent found anything to help.  
Cheers

Brad Stevenson

Chris Mohler
2012-04-27 18:55:39 UTC (almost 12 years ago)

GIMP question

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM, brad stevenson wrote:

i am trying to save a 'template' design with the picture and the bulk of the text, hoping to then be able to reopen the project and edit the text to change the name for each card.

Save your "template" file as .XCF format (GIMP's native file format).

That will preserve things like text layers.

Then open your XCF, make needed changes, and then 'Save As...' or 'Export' to the format needed for printing.

HTH, Chris