RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp 2 icon theme that looks like gimp 1.2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp 2 icon theme that looks like gimp 1.2 Alan Horkan 17 May 16:36
  gimp 2 icon theme that looks like gimp 1.2 GSR - FR 17 May 17:22
  gimp 2 icon theme that looks like gimp 1.2 Dave Neary 17 May 18:12
   gimp 2 icon theme that looks like gimp 1.2 Alan Horkan 17 May 19:18
Alan Horkan
2004-05-17 16:36:45 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

I'm wondering if anyone had made an icon theme for gimp 2 that looks like gimp 1.2?

- Alan

GSR - FR
2004-05-17 17:22:10 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

horkana@maths.tcd.ie (2004-05-17 at 1536.45 +0100):

I'm wondering if anyone had made an icon theme for gimp 2 that looks like gimp 1.2?

I started one when themeing became posible. I froze it due lack of time, in-development status (ids appearing and disappearing, ie) and the size of the task (it was to be the first, there is no master doc about the system, default theme was not valid when I tried and I do not want to only change gimp icons). I guess now things are a "bit" :] more stable and I have time now and then, so I should thaw it.

GSR

Dave Neary
2004-05-17 18:12:22 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi Alan,

Alan Horkan wrote:

I'm not sure why you'd want to do that - I always thought the GIMP 1.2 was pretty bleak...

But you're free to have a go. The icons from 1.2 are in XBM format embedded in the source in app/pixmaps.h and app/pixmaps2.h - the icon for the color picker, for example, is in app/pixmaps2.h from lines 162 to 188 - you can load this with the old ico plug-in too (it's the old-format GIMP Icon format, which is essentially the same as XBM).

Cheers, Dave.

Alan Horkan
2004-05-17 19:18:00 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Dave Neary wrote:

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:12:22 +0200 From: Dave Neary
To: Alan Horkan
Cc: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] gimp 2 icon theme that looks like gimp 1.2

Hi Alan,

Alan Horkan wrote:

I'm not sure why you'd want to do that - I always thought the GIMP 1.2 was pretty bleak...

I'm considering making my own theme. If I do, I would like to use the Gimp 1.2 icons as a starting point because they are simpler and in a way they are clearer. If it doesn't already exist, I will end up making a gimp 1.2 theme along the way.

But you're free to have a go. The icons from 1.2 are in XBM format embedded in the source in app/pixmaps.h and app/pixmaps2.h - the icon for the color picker, for example, is in app/pixmaps2.h from lines 162 to 188 - you can load this with the old ico plug-in too (it's the old-format GIMP Icon format, which is essentially the same as XBM).

I'm familar enough with the format, that part wouldn't be a problem.

At the moment it is just an idea though.

- Alan