RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Questions about Kontact and Knode....

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Questions about Kontact and Knode.... Richard McCormick 14 May 01:14
Richard McCormick
2004-05-14 01:14:45 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Questions about Kontact and Knode....

Hi all,

Kontact is just great so far, KDE is really coming along wonderfully!! :-)

In Kontact I want to set up a weather thingy in the Summary area and I have NO idea what to do to get an address to put in the set up area. I live in Belmont, California, USA so I would like to get weather in my own bay area if that's possible??

This pertains to the named icons which I like to use the text under the icons. Is there a way to rename the icons?? My god they put suck long names on these icons it's just too much. Like "Subscribe to Newsgroups" could easily be shortened up to "Subscribe", "Stop Network" to simply "Stop" is pretty self explainetory and on and on. If this is possible can you direct me to WHERE and HOW I would go about doing this??

Kontacts still does not import CVS address books right or Windows writes them wrong, not sure which. Luckily Mozilla (Windows) imports Outlook Expresses .WAB address books and exports it to an importational .ldif. I know that Kontact will import "V" cards from Outlook Express but 200 addresses, one at a time is just to much time. So hopefully the folks that area coding this wonderful address book will figure out a way to import the .wab address book and save those of us that are slowly migrating from Windows a little time.

Thank god I'm a die hard Mozilla fan on both sides of the fence, makes some of this pretty easy!! :-)

Richard ;-)~