RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How do I merge pictures?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How do I merge pictures? Corasande@cs.com 09 May 04:57
  How do I merge pictures? Joachim Schiele 09 May 11:03
   How do I merge pictures? Henrik Brix Andersen 09 May 15:34
Corasande@cs.com
2004-05-09 04:57:22 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

How do I merge pictures?

Hi, I don't know what to ask for in the help file so bear with me please. I'm new.

I have 6 files in which I have cut out an image. I would like to "merge" all 6 of these files into one file or picture. I might also like to add a background, but the background can wait. I don't have a clue how to get all 6 pictures into one. When I have the 6 files in one file, I will need to be able to move them around to get the final picture. Then I need to save this final picture.

Could you direct me as to how to do this? I'm lost. I haven't updated to version 2 yet. ( I've been afraid to do this, is version 2 really stable? ) And these files are tiff if that matters, and I have windows 98.

Thanks Sandy

Joachim Schiele
2004-05-09 11:03:17 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

How do I merge pictures?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

On Sunday 09 May 2004 04:57, Corasande@cs.com wrote:

Hi, I don't know what to ask for in the help file so bear with me please. I'm new.

I have 6 files in which I have cut out an image. I would like to "merge" all 6 of these files into one file or picture. I might also like to add a background, but the background can wait. I don't have a clue how to get all 6 pictures into one. When I have the 6 files in one file, I will need to be able to move them around to get the final picture. Then I need to save this final picture.

Could you direct me as to how to do this? I'm lost. I haven't updated to version 2 yet. ( I've been afraid to do this, is version 2 really stable? ) And these files are tiff if that matters, and I have windows 98.

you can use the 2.x versions they are nice and stable and the 2.x series of gimp has a very advanced interface navigation!

you should create a new image with the desired size (of the biggest image of your six images) next you would open all the images (because gimp can open serveral images at once) then use the marker tool "select retangular regions" an select one of your images and press CTRL+C. now go back to your primary image and press CTRL+V there. Create a new layer, select it and do it again for all the other images.
new layer - > select it -> copy image in ...
you may need transparency tough
http://gimp.org/tutorials/Changing_Background_Color_1/

joachim

Thanks
Sandy

-

Henrik Brix Andersen
2004-05-09 15:34:38 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

How do I merge pictures?

Hi,

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 11:03, Joachim Schiele wrote:

you should create a new image with the desired size (of the biggest image of your six images) next you would open all the images (because gimp can open serveral images at once) then use the marker tool "select retangular regions" an select one of your images and press CTRL+C. now go back to your primary image and press CTRL+V there. Create a new layer, select it and do it again for all the other images.
new layer - > select it -> copy image in

... or just drag-and-drop the layers of the images on to another image.

./Brix