RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Xsane again.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Xsane again. John Culleton 06 May 08:43
  Xsane again. John Dietsch 06 May 06:42
   Xsane again. Jean-Luc 06 May 18:51
    Xsane again. John Culleton 07 May 04:39
     Xsane again. Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 07 May 11:46
John Dietsch
2004-05-06 06:42:05 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Xsane again.

John, I don't know your precise setup but i am using my Epson scanner with Gimp 2 & Xsane. I submitted my setup and method yesterday with details. Gimp 2 & Epson scanners. If you missed it, I'll send it to you direct. John Dietsch

On Wed, 5 May 2004, John Culleton wrote:

I went to the Xsane site, attempted to apply the Gimp 2.x patch, and moved Xsane to a directory where Gimp 2.0 can find it. However Gimp still gives me a message that Xsane does not have Gimp support compiled in. Now if the rest of the world has had success with this patch I will try the cycle all over again. But my instinct is that I should wait until the Xsane guy gets around to applying the patch to the CVS files or whatever so I don't have to fool with it. Patches are not my best friend.

So--- anyone having success with incorporating Xsane into Gimp 2.x as a plugin? Sven wrote one of the patches so he is probably a success story. Anyone else?

John Culleton
2004-05-06 08:43:00 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Xsane again.

I went to the Xsane site, attempted to apply the Gimp 2.x patch, and moved Xsane to a directory where Gimp 2.0 can find it. However Gimp still gives me a message that Xsane does not have Gimp support compiled in. Now if the rest of the world has had success with this patch I will try the cycle all over again. But my instinct is that I should wait until the Xsane guy gets around to applying the patch to the CVS files or whatever so I don't have to fool with it. Patches are not my best friend.

So--- anyone having success with incorporating Xsane into Gimp 2.x as a plugin? Sven wrote one of the patches so he is probably a success story. Anyone else?

Jean-Luc
2004-05-06 18:51:07 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Xsane again.

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 12:42:05AM -0400, John Dietsch wrote:

John, I don't know your precise setup but i am using my Epson scanner with Gimp 2 & Xsane. I submitted my setup and method yesterday with details. Gimp 2 & Epson scanners. If you missed it, I'll send it to you direct. John Dietsch

On Wed, 5 May 2004, John Culleton wrote:

The latest version of xsane (0.93) has the gimp-2.0 support

--
- jean-Luc

John Culleton
2004-05-07 04:39:38 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Xsane again.

On Thursday 06 May 2004 06:51 am, Jean-Luc wrote:

--
- jean-Luc

I dwonloaded, unpacked, configured and ran make. Got this error message:
/usr/lib/libgimp.so: undefined reference to `PLUG_IN_INFO' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [xsane] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/xsane-0.93/src' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Hints? (xsane 0.92 compiled OK)

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-05-07 11:46:42 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Xsane again.

Le 07.05.2004 04:39:38, John Culleton a écrit :

On Thursday 06 May 2004 06:51 am, Jean-Luc wrote:

--
- jean-Luc

I dwonloaded, unpacked, configured and ran make. Got this error message:
/usr/lib/libgimp.so: undefined reference to `PLUG_IN_INFO'

It depends how you have built gimp. Where did you built gimp-2.0?
On my system, the correct library is /usr/lib/libgimp-2.0 ...

Maybe you have to add a LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to tell which lib is to be used (xsane 0.92 was built against gimp1.2 libraries).

--
- Jean-Luc

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [xsane] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/xsane-0.93/src' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Hints? (xsane 0.92 compiled OK)
--