RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Best way to draw colored ribbons (GIMP 2.7)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Best way to draw colored ribbons (GIMP 2.7) YAFU 01 Nov 18:32
2011-11-01 18:32:18 UTC (over 12 years ago)
postings

Best way to draw colored ribbons (GIMP 2.7)

Hello. I am experiencing with GIMP 2.7.4 to draw ribbons with color bands. To do this I created a colored rectangle to use as a brush from the clipboard. I think the best way to explain what I've done is showing this picture (download and open with GIMP to view alpha channel): http://www.image-share.com/upload/1029/187.png

I've used in the two ribbons from top the Paths Tool and then the Stroke Path (Pencil) with Brush Dynamics (Track Direction and Velocity Tapering). The three tapes that are below, I've drawn by freehand and different dynamics.

Now, the problem and reason for my question is that as you can see in the picture, the results are not good. There are imperfections mainly in the central band, and the problem is most evident when using Track Direction. Is there any way to get better results, especially using Track Direction? Thank you. (Sorry for my English)