RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[rock@gimp.org: [Gimp-developer] Gimp Menu Reorganization]

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

[rock@gimp.org: [Gimp-developer] Gimp Menu Reorganization] Carol Spears 01 May 20:23
Carol Spears
2004-05-01 20:23:55 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

[rock@gimp.org: [Gimp-developer] Gimp Menu Reorganization]

here is an email from a thread on the gimp-developers list.

this discussion started when i mentioned that since i first started using TheGIMP (1.0.2) every time i need the info dialog i follow this incorrect path -->Image -->Info to find it. of course it is not located there. it can be found via -->View -->Info.

also, Nathan Summers has been a thoughtful and productive gimp developer for a very long time as well.

----- Forwarded message from Nathan Carl Summers -----

Hmm, the last message I sent seemed not to get through, so here it is another time.

Noting that several people have expressed desires to improve GIMP's menu structure, I have started a Wiki page which we can use as a whiteboard for rearraigning the menu items. I have even started to group the menu items, although it still needs a lot of work.

You don't need a special account or anything -- just visit http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/GimpMenuReorganization and hit "EditText" to edit the page. You can move things around, rename items, or just add commentary! Here is your chance to help make gimp more usable.

Rockwalrus

PS -- Carol, please forward this to gimp-user. I don't subscribe there, but this is a good way for the users to contribute to making GIMP better, since you don't even need to know how to program to make a real difference.