RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Where are the HTML Help files?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Where are the HTML Help files? Benjamin Sher 25 Apr 06:10
  Where are the HTML Help files? Sven Neumann 25 Apr 12:12
Benjamin Sher
2004-04-25 06:10:35 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Dear friends:

[Using Xandros 2.0/Debian]

I just installed the new Gimp 2.0.1 from source tarball. Everything looks fine, and there were NO errors during the three stages of install (configure, make and make install). Of course, I first downloaded and installed and upgraded all prerequisites. I saw an error message when I clicked on Help and Context Help that I was misssing gtk2html and a certain "xml" file in the Gimp 2.0 directory. I also could not get Help from the browser. Do I need to reinstall the Gimp or can I just add Help after installation?

Thanks so much.

Benjamin

Sven Neumann
2004-04-25 12:12:02 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

Benjamin Sher writes:

[Using Xandros 2.0/Debian]

I just installed the new Gimp 2.0.1 from source tarball. Everything looks fine, and there were NO errors during the three stages of install (configure, make and make install). Of course, I first downloaded and installed and upgraded all prerequisites. I saw an error message when I clicked on Help and Context Help that I was misssing gtk2html and a certain "xml" file in the Gimp 2.0 directory. I also could not get Help from the browser. Do I need to reinstall the Gimp or can I just add Help after installation?

Just install the Debian gimp-help package.

Sven