RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

FREE CLIPART SITE

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

FREE CLIPART SITE Sigmascape1@cs.com 20 Apr 13:51
  FREE CLIPART SITE Joao S. O. Bueno 20 Apr 14:53
FREE CLIPART SITE Sigmascape1@cs.com 20 Apr 15:58
  FREE CLIPART SITE Sven Neumann 20 Apr 17:12
Sigmascape1@cs.com
2004-04-20 13:51:59 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

FREE CLIPART SITE

Hello!

Just wanted to let everyone know that openclipart.org is now live. It is a repository for free, public domain artwork. Because the content is public domain, anyone may use it for whatever application. The amount of material is somewhat limited, but it will grow. Hopefully, in the future, it will provide a diverse and sizeable collection of material for all sorts of uses... 'Open Source Graphics for the Masses.' I submitted the texture collection in the download area.

www.openclipart.org

Thanks!

Mitch Featherston

Joao S. O. Bueno
2004-04-20 14:53:45 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

FREE CLIPART SITE

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 08:51, Sigmascape1@cs.com wrote:

Hello!

Just wanted to let everyone know that openclipart.org is now live. It is a repository for free, public domain artwork. Because the content is public domain, anyone may use it for whatever application. The amount of material is somewhat limited, but it will grow. Hopefully, in the future, it will provide a diverse and sizeable collection of material for all sorts of uses... 'Open Source Graphics for the Masses.' I submitted the texture collection in the download area.

www.openclipart.org

Thanks!

Mitch Featherston

Hi Mitch,

One feature mostly missing there is a thumbnail preview of the images. I know it is not a trivial feature to add, but it would be just great to have it there.

Also, I see no reason -perhaps you have - to add support to bitmap art in there.

Regards,

JS
->

Sigmascape1@cs.com
2004-04-20 15:58:25 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

FREE CLIPART SITE

Hi,

Thumbnails are being discussed, along with other features to make the entire site easier to use.

As far as the bitmap support goes, I see no reason not to support it. This site and others that will carry this sort of content, and it can be used in any number of ways, especially in the area of 'value-added' material for open source software projects. It's my hope that the bitmap aspect flourishes. One of my personal goals is to develop public domain libraries of content for use in games, oss games and even proprietary games.

As far as 'openclipart.org' is concerned, it will be heavily weighted in the direction of vecter content, but room will be made for bitmap as well.

Thanks!

Mitch Featherston

"Joao S. O. Bueno" wrote:

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 08:51, Sigmascape1@cs.com wrote:

Hello!

www.openclipart.org

Thanks!

Mitch Featherston

Hi Mitch,

One feature mostly missing there is a thumbnail preview of the images. I know   it is not a trivial feature to add, but it would be just great to have it there.

Also, I see no reason -perhaps you have - to add support to bitmap art in there.  

Regards,

JS
   ->

Sven Neumann
2004-04-20 17:12:59 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

FREE CLIPART SITE

Hi,

would you mind to press the Enter key every now and then when you write a mail? Or enable a feature in your mailer that takes care of inserting line-breaks. And please stop using ALL-CAPS subjects.

Thanks for respecting the netiquette when posting to our lists.

Sven