RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Thumbnails creation and progress bar windows

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Thumbnails creation and progress bar windows Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 13 Apr 11:37
  Thumbnails creation and progress bar windows Sven Neumann 13 Apr 12:48
  Thumbnails creation and progress bar windows Carol Spears 13 Apr 17:20
  Thumbnails creation and progress bar windows Jakub Steiner 14 Apr 16:25
Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-04-13 11:37:22 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

In the File -> open menu, if I select many files to build the thumbnails, it takes some (...) time.

So, I switch to an other desktop (I use gnome/metacity), leaving the process to complete in the (my) background.

But there is one popup, which displays the progress bar, for each thumbnail created. This popup is created in the current desktop and not in the one The Gimp was launched.

Is there a mean to disable the progress status window or to keep it on the original desktop ?

--
Regards
- Jean-Luc

Sven Neumann
2004-04-13 12:48:09 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" writes:

In the File -> open menu, if I select many files to build the thumbnails, it takes some (...) time.

So, I switch to an other desktop (I use gnome/metacity), leaving the process to complete in the (my) background.

But there is one popup, which displays the progress bar, for each thumbnail created. This popup is created in the current desktop and not in the one The Gimp was launched.

Is there a mean to disable the progress status window or to keep it on the original desktop ?

No. We hope to get a new progress bar API into gimp-2.2 that finally solves this and other related problems.

Sven

Carol Spears
2004-04-13 17:20:33 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 11:37:22AM +0200, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:

Hi,

this is a terrible thing the gimp can do. the only way i have been able to handle it was to change the behavior of the window manager. "New Window gets Focus" or something like that.

even then, depending on where the thing pops up, you can still accidently trigger the cancel.

carol

Jakub Steiner
2004-04-14 16:25:44 UTC (about 20 years ago)

I've added this case to bug #135185.