RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-2.0 and XPM on WinXP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp-2.0 and XPM on WinXP Taras Kapuszczak 10 Apr 14:48
  gimp-2.0 and XPM on WinXP Sven Neumann 10 Apr 16:08
Taras Kapuszczak
2004-04-10 14:48:57 UTC (about 20 years ago)

I recently download gimp-2.0 for windows but found that it does not save images in XPM format. How can I do it? What has to be added?

Taras

Sven Neumann
2004-04-10 16:08:37 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Taras Kapuszczak writes:

I recently download gimp-2.0 for windows but found that it does not save images in XPM format. How can I do it? What has to be added?

The XPM plug-in needs libxpm. As far as I can remember there is a version of libxpm that does not depend on X11. I have no idea why the Windows installer doesn't include this library and the xpm plug-in.

May I ask why you want to write XPM at all? There are certainly nicer ways to include images with your source code. With the exception of one or two plug-ins, we completely eliminated the use of XPM from The GIMP source code. Images are now either loaded on demand using gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() or we use a compiled-in version generated using gdk-pixbuf-csource. The main advantage of this approach is that a true alpha channel can be used which is not possible with XPM.

Sven