RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

theme in gimp.app

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

theme in gimp.app Robert Reichel 10 Apr 13:24
  theme in gimp.app Sven Neumann 10 Apr 15:02
   theme in gimp.app Robert Reichel 13 Apr 12:24
    theme in gimp.app Sven Neumann 13 Apr 15:05
     theme in gimp.app Robert Reichel 13 Apr 21:36
      theme in gimp.app Robert Reichel 14 Apr 08:18
Robert Reichel
2004-04-10 13:24:25 UTC (about 20 years ago)

theme in gimp.app

Hi,

I've just installed gimp.app (Version 2, OS X) and wonder, how I can change the appearance. I've found the 3 themes in the preferences/interface, but that's not what I'm looking for. I've downloaded the theme "panther" from art.gnome.org and want to use it. But how?

Thanks in forward, Robert

Sven Neumann
2004-04-10 15:02:54 UTC (about 20 years ago)

theme in gimp.app

Hi,

Robert Reichel writes:

I've just installed gimp.app (Version 2, OS X) and wonder, how I can change the appearance. I've found the 3 themes in the preferences/interface, but that's not what I'm looking for. I've downloaded the theme "panther" from art.gnome.org and want to use it. But how?

Edit your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 to point to the gtk+ theme you installed. You will need to add a line like this:

gtk-theme-name = "Panther"

This will change the look of all gtk+-2.0 applications that you use. Alternatively you can put this into your ~/.gimp-2.0/gtkrc. It will only affect GIMP then.

There are three themes in the Preferences dialog? I know about "Small" and "Default". What is the third?

Sven

Robert Reichel
2004-04-13 12:24:58 UTC (about 20 years ago)

theme in gimp.app

Hi,

Am 10.04.2004 um 15:02 schrieb Sven Neumann:

Hi,

Robert Reichel writes:

Edit your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 to point to the gtk+ theme you installed. You will need to add a line like this:

gtk-theme-name = "Panther"

This will change the look of all gtk+-2.0 applications that you use. Alternatively you can put this into your ~/.gimp-2.0/gtkrc. It will only affect GIMP then.

Thanks for your help. Since I don't have any gtk-apps installed but gimp, I don't have the ~/.gtkrc-2.0-tree. Please, can you go a bit into detail how I can modify the gtkrc-file to point to the installed theme? And where do I have to install the theme to. I've tried a lot of things without results... And please remember, I don't have DarwinPorts or s.t. like this installed. I have the Apple X11.app installed and on this base the gimp.app.

There are three themes in the Preferences dialog? I know about "Small" and "Default". What is the third?

The third one is named "OriginalDefault"

Sven

Robert

Sven Neumann
2004-04-13 15:05:42 UTC (about 20 years ago)

theme in gimp.app

Hi,

Robert Reichel writes:

Thanks for your help. Since I don't have any gtk-apps installed but gimp, I don't have the ~/.gtkrc-2.0-tree. Please, can you go a bit into detail how I can modify the gtkrc-file to point to the installed theme? And where do I have to install the theme to. I've tried a lot of things without results... And please remember, I don't have DarwinPorts or s.t. like this installed. I have the Apple X11.app installed and on this base the gimp.app.

There's a lot of documentation on GTK+ themes and google will certainly locate it for you. There's really nothing GIMP specific about this.

Looks like the packager of gimp.app modified the application then. He should have told us about this and he needs to make available these changes.

Sven

Robert Reichel
2004-04-13 21:36:55 UTC (about 20 years ago)

theme in gimp.app

Hi,

Am 13.04.2004 um 15:05 schrieb Sven Neumann:

Hi,

Robert Reichel writes:

There's a lot of documentation on GTK+ themes and google will certainly locate it for you. There's really nothing GIMP specific about this.

Ok, I've got it finally. Thanks.

There are three themes in the Preferences dialog? I know about "Small"
and "Default". What is the third?

Looks like the packager of gimp.app modified the application then. He should have told us about this and he needs to make available these changes.

In the 2.0.0-4 there isn't the "OriginalDefault"-theme any more...

Sven

Robert

Robert Reichel
2004-04-14 08:18:08 UTC (about 20 years ago)

theme in gimp.app

Hi,

Ok, I've got it finally. Thanks.

Sorry, but I was wrong. It wasn't the theme I've installed that changed the appearance. The gimp.app 2.0.0-4 itself is, less or more aquafied. So, any detailed help or links about using themes with gimp.app are highly recommended.

Sven

Robert

Robert