RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

A SMALL feature request(comfortable for wacom users)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

A SMALL feature request(comfortable for wacom users) Khiraly 07 Apr 20:14
  A SMALL feature request(comfortable for wacom users) Sven Neumann 07 Apr 20:56
   A SMALL feature request(comfortable for wacom users) Steve Stavropoulos 15 Apr 20:01
    A SMALL feature request(comfortable for wacom users) Sven Neumann 15 Apr 21:38
Khiraly
2004-04-07 20:14:48 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi!

There is a minor, but really annoying problem with the current layout of the user interface, regarding the dockable tabs part. For adding a new tab, I only have to drive my mouse/wacom pen over the tab area. On the other hand, if I grip and drag the tab, it becomes a new window.

It is easy to get confused if you have a wacom pen. Quite often, when I intend just to switch in between tabs, the pen can move more and GIMP immediately turns my tab into a new window. It is kind of time-consuming, to change back all the non-wanted windows into tabs.

I would like to make a feature request. It would be nice if GIMP could "lock" tab positions and tab numbers in a given window. So until it is locked, it could not be moved.
It would be similarly as in the case of quick launcer in the top menubar(GNOME menu).

I have made a small image for better showing my problem: http://www.pvvbitech.hu/kicsuszik.png
Thanks for your help,
Khiraly

Sven Neumann
2004-04-07 20:56:55 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Khiraly writes:

There is a minor, but really annoying problem with the current layout of the user interface, regarding the dockable tabs part. For adding a new tab, I only have to drive my mouse/wacom pen over the tab area. On the other hand, if I grip and drag the tab, it becomes a new window.

It is easy to get confused if you have a wacom pen. Quite often, when I intend just to switch in between tabs, the pen can move more and GIMP immediately turns my tab into a new window. It is kind of time-consuming, to change back all the non-wanted windows into tabs.

Increasing the dnd-drag-threshold should help. Put something like this into your ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

dnd-drag-threshold = 50

Sven

Steve Stavropoulos
2004-04-15 20:01:53 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On 7 Apr 2004, Sven Neumann wrote:

Khiraly writes:

Increasing the dnd-drag-threshold should help. Put something like this into your ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

dnd-drag-threshold = 50

Wouldn't be better (and more intuitive) to create a new window for a tab only if you dnd the tab out of the dock?

Sven Neumann
2004-04-15 21:38:33 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Steve Stavropoulos writes:

Wouldn't be better (and more intuitive) to create a new window for a tab only if you dnd the tab out of the dock?

In theory yes. In practise I don't see a way to implement that based on the DND API.

Sven