RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Is there a mean to display exif data from within the Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Is there a mean to display exif data from within the Gimp Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 07 Apr 10:47
  Is there a mean to display exif data from within the Gimp Dave Neary 07 Apr 11:15
Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-04-07 10:47:04 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

I would like to dispaly exif data from pictures I've got with a digital camera.

I've not found if there is this feature implemented in The Gimp (if no, it would be nice).

Sorry if the question has already been posted, I've tried to search the archives but got an error message.

<< ht://Dig error

htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this site. The error message is:

Unable to read configuration file

(I've reported this error)

-- Regards
- Jean-Luc

Dave Neary
2004-04-07 11:15:20 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi Jean,

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:

I would like to dispaly exif data from pictures I've got with a digital camera.

I've not found if there is this feature implemented in The Gimp (if no, it would be nice).

There is a patch for this which uses libexif-gtk (from the same source as libexif) in bugzilla which was not applied because it was felt that it was very specific to exif metadata when the goal should be a general metadata framework. Perhaps this was a mistake in hindsight...

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=56443 (attachment ID 13329, partially applied).

Cheers,
Dave.