RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Green border

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Green border J.W.J. Geenen 05 Apr 14:39
  Green border Joao S. O. Bueno 05 Apr 15:19
  Green border Sven Neumann 05 Apr 15:49
J.W.J. Geenen
2004-04-05 14:39:59 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Green border

Hi,

Situation

* Mac Os 10.2.8 * MacGimp 1.2.4-1
* Kensington Expert Mouse Pro

The Gimp expect a three mouse button with the buttons left, middle and right.
MacGimp emulates these buttons on an one button mac mouse as follows: left button = mouse click
middle button = command key + click
right button = option key + click
So far so good, but there is a problem

Problem

A command should be unique. In the case that you work with masks the command option + click should generate a green border but in MacGimp this combination is reserved for the emulation of the right button. You will never get a green border.

Is there a solution for this problem?

I installed the Kensington device and have now three physical buttons. I hoped that now the problem was over. But the emulation overruled the gimp command and the problem is still a live.

Thanks.

Jan Geenen geenenjw@planet.nl

Joao S. O. Bueno
2004-04-05 15:19:50 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Green border

On Monday 05 April 2004 09:39, J.W.J. Geenen wrote:

Hi,

Situation

* Mac Os 10.2.8 * MacGimp 1.2.4-1
* Kensington Expert Mouse Pro

MacGimp emulates these buttons on an one button mac mouse as follows: left button = mouse click

Problem

A command should be unique. In the case that you work with masks the command option + click should generate a green border but in MacGimp this combination is reserved for the emulation of the right button. You will never get a green border.

Is there a solution for this problem?

I installed the Kensington device and have now three physical buttons. I hoped that now the problem was over. But the emulation overruled the gimp command and the problem is still a live.

Thanks.

Jan Geenen geenenjw@planet.nl

Hi there,

Unless other mac-gimp users here can deal with this, I suggest you open a bug report (if there is none already, and I do not recall seeing it).

The only workaround I can see is to be able to redefine what keys are used for the current "command + click" commands. ("alt" on PC's) However, such a change may not be trivial.

Regards, JS
->

Sven Neumann
2004-04-05 15:49:36 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Green border

Hi,

"J.W.J. Geenen" writes:

Problem

Can you please file a bug-report for this problem? We should add an alternative way to get access to this feature. Should probably be an item in the layer's right-click menu.

Sven