RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New collection of brushes

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New collection of brushes Khiraly 03 Apr 01:09
  New collection of brushes Sven Neumann 03 Apr 02:03
   New collection of brushes Sven Neumann 03 Apr 02:06
Khiraly
2004-04-03 01:09:52 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi!

Sven wanted me to work on a new set of brushes

From Photoshop:

I have saved all the brush, but in Photoshop7 the brush cannot be edited (I can only delete, rename and create a new, but cant edite). The other problem, that in ps isnt the same all the cast of brush. So I have made many click, and selected the nicest shape ... I will post all the .abr(photoshop brushes), and all the .png at the web. And the converted too(.gbr)
I will make a proposition what brush should we keep and which should be delete(pepper, sparks, vine, the gimp, etc). I have egally looked at the link what Sven have mentioned. I will include them too.
I looked for freely downloadable brushes on the net (only GPL) and indeed found some.

Let me know if somebody know where can I find other brushes too.

--------------

PROPOSITION:

The new collection of brush will consist at least 100-150 brushes. But only 10-15 different type of brushes.(so star, sparring, galaxy, round, etc, etc)

So it would be good to group the different size of brush to one icon. (ex: If somebody select the Chalk icon, also select egally the size from another table/popUp).

The idea of treshold for the pencil tool would be good too.(Sven's idea)

Moreover, there are vector based brushes in PS (called Custom Shaped Tool). I think it can be easily achieved by further development of the current path tool.

I mean it would be nice to save a created path as ''path-brush''. And it could be selected just like the current brush dialog. In this case Gfig plugin would became superflous.;)

Do you have any feedback?

Cheers, Khiraly

Sven Neumann
2004-04-03 02:03:27 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

Khiraly writes:

Sven wanted me to work on a new set of brushes

From Photoshop:

I have saved all the brush, but in Photoshop7 the brush cannot be edited (I can only delete, rename and create a new, but cant edite). The other problem, that in ps isnt the same all the cast of brush. So I have made many click, and selected the nicest shape ... I will post all the .abr(photoshop brushes), and all the .png at the web. And the converted too(.gbr)
I will make a proposition what brush should we keep and which should be delete(pepper, sparks, vine, the gimp, etc). I have egally looked at the link what Sven have mentioned. I will include them too.
I looked for freely downloadable brushes on the net (only GPL) and indeed found some.

I don't think we should copy any brushes from Photoshop. That would be a very bad idea. I also did give you the link to the charcoal brushes with the intention that you redistribute these brushes in any way.

We need brushes that are free. So if you want to help, you will have to create brushes yourself, not copy them from some place. You could also ask others to help you with this and only coordinate the effort, but the origin of any brush included must be clear and the author has to agree on a license that makes the brush freely redistributable.

For your other suggestions, please do a Bugzilla query on enhancement requests with the word "brush" in the summary. Among other interesting ideas you will find:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65030 http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=119874

Sven

Sven Neumann
2004-04-03 02:06:13 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

somewhat late at night I wrote:

I also did give you the link to the charcoal brushes with the intention that you redistribute these brushes in any way.

This should of course have read: "I also did _not_ give you the link...".

Sven