RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Scheme in Gimp 2.0

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Scheme in Gimp 2.0 Tom Cole 01 Apr 00:45
  Scheme in Gimp 2.0 Simon Budig 01 Apr 00:57
   Scheme in Gimp 2.0 Elaine Normandy 01 Apr 03:06
Tom Cole
2004-04-01 00:45:49 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Scheme in Gimp 2.0

I have tried to use a script that I used to use in Gimp 1.2.5 called 'Aqua Pill' (available from the gug.sunsite.dk website in the script gallery). All my other scripts seem to have made the leap to Gimp 2.0, as one would expect, apart from this one. The error message reads:

Error while executing (script-fu-aqua-pill-button "Click Me!" 50 "-*-tekton-*-r-*-*-24-*-*-*-p-*-*-*" '(0 0 0) '(255 0 0) 10 10 1 1 TRUE TRUE TRUE)
ERROR: unbound variable (errobj gimp-channel-ops-offset)

What does this mean?

Thanks

Tom

Simon Budig
2004-04-01 00:57:09 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Scheme in Gimp 2.0

Tom Cole (tom@thesynapse.co.uk) wrote:

I have tried to use a script that I used to use in Gimp 1.2.5 called 'Aqua Pill' (available from the gug.sunsite.dk website in the script gallery). All my other scripts seem to have made the leap to Gimp 2.0, as one would expect, apart from this one. The error message reads:

Error while executing (script-fu-aqua-pill-button "Click Me!" 50 "-*-tekton-*-r-*-*-24-*-*-*-p-*-*-*" '(0 0 0) '(255 0 0) 10 10 1 1 TRUE TRUE TRUE)
ERROR: unbound variable (errobj gimp-channel-ops-offset)

What does this mean?

Basically this means, that the script has to be ported to GIMP 2.0.

The offending command in this error message is gimp-channel-ops-offset, which has been renamed to gimp-drawable-offset in GIMP 2.0. Looking at that error also gives the hint, that there is something wrong with the font specification, since GIMP 2.0 no longer relies on the weird -*-... X11 Logical Font Descriptor but uses Fontconfig Font specifications like "Tekton 24".

So someone needs to invest some amount of work into this script.

Bye, Simon

Elaine Normandy
2004-04-01 03:06:42 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Scheme in Gimp 2.0

Simon Budig wrote:

The offending command in this error message is gimp-channel-ops-offset, which has been renamed to gimp-drawable-offset in GIMP 2.0. Looking at that error also gives the hint, that there is something wrong with the font specification, since GIMP 2.0 no longer relies on the weird -*-... X11 Logical Font Descriptor but uses Fontconfig Font specifications like "Tekton 24".

Very timely. I got perl-gimp working on my machine yesterday, and tried stampify.pl almost immediately. It failed due to the

gimp_edit_fill($layer1);
problem mentioned yesterday. I changed that to

gimp_edit_fill($layer1, BACKGROUND_FILL);

and then it failed due to the

gimp_channel_ops_offset($layer1, 1, 0, -($diameter / 2), -($diameter / 2));

I changed this to

gimp_drawable_offset($layer1, 1, 0, -($diameter / 2 ), -($diameter / 2 ));

The script could still use a little tweaking, I think, since I can see some subtle problems I think I could fix, but it is now working.

Thanks!