RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Making tear-off menus persistent.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Making tear-off menus persistent. John Culleton 30 Mar 16:04
  Making tear-off menus persistent. Sven Neumann 30 Mar 18:35
John Culleton
2004-03-30 16:04:05 UTC (about 20 years ago)

I am, for my own benefit and that of the group, trying to create an alpha index to the contents of the hierarchical menu system, based on a plain installation of 2.0. Since the instructions in the GUM, the various tutorials etc. are based on earlier menu structures this index would be of some use.

Since the menus appear to be created dynamically in part I can't just go to the source code.

I am trying to use the tear-off menu feature. However when focus shifts from Gimp to my text editor, the tear-off menu disappears.

Is this normal behavior or is it a function of my KDE desktop settings? Is there a way to make the menu persistent?

Gimp 2.0, KDE, Linux Slackware 9.1

Sven Neumann
2004-03-30 18:35:08 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

John Culleton writes:

I am trying to use the tear-off menu feature. However when focus shifts from Gimp to my text editor, the tear-off menu disappears.

Is this normal behavior or is it a function of my KDE desktop settings? Is there a way to make the menu persistent?

This is definitely not normal behaviour since it would render tear-off menus completely useless.

Sven