RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to install help system for 2.0

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to install help system for 2.0 Elaine Normandy 27 Mar 18:09
  Re  : How to install help system for 2.0 Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 27 Mar 18:31
  How to install help system for 2.0 Sven Neumann 28 Mar 14:46
Elaine Normandy
2004-03-27 18:09:05 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Without difficulty, I downloaded the Fedora rpm and am now happily playing with Gimp 2.0. Nice work, everyone!

However, when I attempted to download the tarball and do the "./configure", I get the following message:

checking for gimp-2.0... Package gimp-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gimp-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'gimp-2.0' found

I couldn't find the gimp-2.0.pc file anywhere using locate. Suggestions?

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-03-27 18:31:06 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Re  : How to install help system for 2.0

Le 27.03.2004 18:09, Elaine Normandy a écrit :

Without difficulty, I downloaded the Fedora rpm and am now happily playing with Gimp 2.0. Nice work, everyone!

However, when I attempted to download the tarball and do the "./ configure", I get the following message:

checking for gimp-2.0... Package gimp-2.0 was not found in the pkg- config search path.

Don't you have some -dev package ?

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gimp-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'gimp-2.0' found

--
- Jean-Luc

Sven Neumann
2004-03-28 14:46:48 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Elaine Normandy writes:

However, when I attempted to download the tarball and do the "./configure", I get the following message:

checking for gimp-2.0... Package gimp-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

You need to install the GIMP development RPM that's available from the same place you got your GIMP-2.0 RPM from. Or, alternatively, you can configure gimp-help-2 with the --without-gimp option. It will then not attempt to locate your GIMP installation and will simply install the help files into the configured prefix. If GIMP is installed in the same prefix, it will find the help files there. You will probably have to specify --prefix=/usr to make this happen.

Sven