RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

./configure doesn't find fontconfig2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

./configure doesn't find fontconfig2 "Th 25 Mar 18:04
  ./configure doesn't find fontconfig2 Sven Neumann 25 Mar 18:36
"Th
2004-03-25 18:04:35 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hello Everyone -

I've been trying to install GIMP 2.0 on my Mac (OS X Panther), but have a couple of problems on my way. Maybe I should just wait until it finds it's way to the FINK ports, but I'm way too impatient, and it oughta be possible to install it from source, right?

Nah, anyway, my problem shows up when I run ./configure. I installed the new fontconfig package, but the ./configure script output keeps claiming that I have only the old libraries installed...

Where does ./configure look for the libraries, and can anyone suggest a workaround? I would really appreciate that.

Best regards,

Thoeger J Thorsen, Student of Astrophysics,
University of Copenhagen

Sven Neumann
2004-03-25 18:36:10 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

"ThXger Juul Thorsen" writes:

I've been trying to install GIMP 2.0 on my Mac (OS X Panther), but have a couple of problems on my way. Maybe I should just wait until it finds it's way to the FINK ports, but I'm way too impatient, and it oughta be possible to install it from source, right?

AFAIK, there's a fink port of GIMP 1.3. And you could try using darwinports. They are at gimp2.0rc1 last time I checked.

Nah, anyway, my problem shows up when I run ./configure. I installed the new fontconfig package, but the ./configure script output keeps claiming that I have only the old libraries installed...

You could have a look at config.log to find out what exactly goes wrong.

Where does ./configure look for the libraries, and can anyone suggest a workaround? I would really appreciate that.

I guess you need to set CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS to point the compiler and linker to the right version of fontconfig. 'configure --help' will show you how to do that.

Sven