RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

RPms of Gimp 2.0

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

RPms of Gimp 2.0 Tom Cole 22 Mar 15:13
  RPms of Gimp 2.0 Alan Horkan 22 Mar 20:35
   RPms of Gimp 2.0 Joao S. O. Bueno 22 Mar 20:54
Tom Cole
2004-03-22 15:13:16 UTC (about 20 years ago)

RPms of Gimp 2.0

Hi there,

Currently using 1.2.5 but I really want to use the new GIMP.

The only problem is that I tried compiling the source and got stuck in dependency hell. Downloaded the installation document and used that to grab other components but I have still had no joy.

Does anyone know if any RPMs exist for Gimp 2.0 yet anywhere? I'm using Mandrake 9.2 and possibly looking to upgrade to Mandrake 10 in the near future, unless it stops me from having an RPM of Gimp 2.0.

Many thanks,

Tom

Alan Horkan
2004-03-22 20:35:09 UTC (about 20 years ago)

RPms of Gimp 2.0

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Tom Cole wrote:

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:13:16 +0000 From: Tom Cole
To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: [Gimp-user] RPms of Gimp 2.0

Hi there,

The only problem is that I tried compiling the source and got stuck in dependency hell. Downloaded the installation document and used that to grab other components but I have still had no joy.

Does anyone know if any RPMs exist for Gimp 2.0 yet anywhere? I'm using Mandrake 9.2 and possibly looking to upgrade to Mandrake 10 in the near future, unless it stops me from having an RPM of Gimp 2.0.

I'd be interested in Mandrake RPMs too.

It might be of interest to you to know that this morning I tried to compile Gimp 2.0 rc1 on a fairly clean install of Mandrake 10.0 rc1 but it failed at the GTK tests and told me it needed GTK >= 2.2.2

I didn't have time to look into it further. I might be doing something wrong, it might simply mean GTK2 just isn't being detected correctly or it might just mean Mandrake 10 doesn't include a recent enough version of GTK with which to build the GIMP.

- Alan H.

Joao S. O. Bueno
2004-03-22 20:54:45 UTC (about 20 years ago)

RPms of Gimp 2.0

Just try to add in the gtk-devel package.

There is a "recipe" to build the GIMP on mdk 9.2 I posted here a couple of months ago, and on the GUG list lastweek.

I will paste it here again.

Regards, JS
->

On Monday 22 March 2004 16:35, Alan Horkan wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Tom Cole wrote:

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:13:16 +0000 From: Tom Cole
To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: [Gimp-user] RPms of Gimp 2.0

Hi there,

I'd be interested in Mandrake RPMs too.

It might be of interest to you to know that this morning I tried to compile Gimp 2.0 rc1 on a fairly clean install of Mandrake 10.0 rc1 but it failed at the GTK tests and told me it needed GTK >= 2.2.2

I didn't have time to look into it further. I might be doing something wrong, it might simply mean GTK2 just isn't being detected correctly or it might just mean Mandrake 10 doesn't include a recent enough version of GTK with which to build the GIMP.

- Alan H.