RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp 1.2.3 crash caused by selecting text font

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp 1.2.3 crash caused by selecting text font Anthony Tekatch 21 Mar 21:13
  gimp 1.2.3 crash caused by selecting text font Carol Spears 21 Mar 22:16
   gimp 1.2.3 crash caused by selecting text font Anthony Tekatch 21 Mar 23:22
Anthony Tekatch
2004-03-21 21:13:43 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Whenever I try to select certain fonts from the text dialog box I get the following error (the serial number is different for each font):

===================================================================== Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) serial 16193 error_code 2 request_code 45 minor_code 0

LibGimp-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read: unexpected EOF =====================================================================

The fonts causing this gimp crash are: arioso
chevara
chevaraoutline
conga
helmet
helmetcondensed
kingrichard
starbats
starmath
timmons

I am using this Debian version of gimp: $ gimp --version
GIMP version 1.2.3

TIA
Anthony

Carol Spears
2004-03-21 22:16:49 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 03:13:43PM -0500, Anthony Tekatch wrote:

Whenever I try to select certain fonts from the text dialog box I get the following error (the serial number is different for each font):

I am using this Debian version of gimp: $ gimp --version
GIMP version 1.2.3

yep, and they worked even worse in gimp-1.0.

that gimp is not using the same font stuff that the new almost stable version of gimp is. the gimp you are using is relying on old x font handling.

they will probably never work. have you checked them with the new gimp?

carol

Anthony Tekatch
2004-03-21 23:22:40 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:16:49 -0800, Carol Spears wrote:

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 03:13:43PM -0500, Anthony Tekatch wrote:

Whenever I try to select certain fonts from the text dialog box I get the following error (the serial number is different for each font): ===================================================================== Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) serial 16193 error_code 2 request_code 45 minor_code 0 LibGimp-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read: unexpected EOF ===================================================================== I am using GIMP version 1.2.3

yep, and they worked even worse in gimp-1.0. they will probably never work. have you checked them with the new gimp?

Thank you Carol!

I was hesitant to install Gimp1.3 (2.0pre4) from the Debian 'unstable' branch, but that fixed the font crashing problem.

Anthony