RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

status update on GIMP 2.0

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

status update on GIMP 2.0 Sven Neumann 15 Mar 02:15
Sven Neumann
2004-03-15 02:15:01 UTC (about 20 years ago)

status update on GIMP 2.0

Hi,

I would have loved to be able to announce 2.0rc1 tonight. We have come very close but we are not yet there. From the approximately 30 bugs that were on milestone 2.0 last weekend, we are done to 4 now. These are:

#130985 (blocker) Text tool broken with respect to Undo

I have done quite some work to prepare text undo and I think I should be able to get this done together with Mitch during the next days. I might even be able to rush something into CVS tonight that fixes the bug, but since the changes are rather invasive, I think it is better to delay 2.0rc1 for a few days to get this done right.

#120021 (blocker) GIMP Crashes when undoing editing of a blured text layer

This is effectively a duplicate of bug #130985. But I'd like to keep it open to make sure that as soon text undo lands in CVS, it is verified that this bug can be closed as well.

#136996 Add i18n support to help system

The solution to this has been discussed and everyone seems to agree on the proposals I've made. The changes are small and rather simple, so we should by all means get them done for 2.0rc1.

#109561 Toggling layer visibility cancels active tool

There is no fix on sight for this one and I am afraid that it will most probably not be fixed for 2.0. But we can as well keep it open and push it to 2.0.1 when the other 3 bugs have been fixed.

So, as said, we came very close. I don't want to promise anything but I think we will get 2.0rc1 out during the week. That would allow us to do 2.0.0 next weekend provided there are no major problems with the release candidate.

Judging from the CVS activity, the gimp-web team has done a lot of work as well. Perhaps someone involved could give a status update on that effort as well?

Sven