RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp Install Trouble

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp Install Trouble th1bill 29 Mar 22:29
  Gimp Install Trouble John Coppens 29 Mar 23:35
   Gimp Install Trouble th1bill 30 Mar 01:42
2010-03-29 22:29:14 UTC (about 14 years ago)
postings

Gimp Install Trouble

This was a mistake and now I know it but I added the repository for Gimp 2.7.3 for Karmic and tried to upgrade using Synaptic. Now I have about seventy photos I need to work on and Gimp will not run. I went back to sources and removed the repository and then uninstalled Gimp. Then Gimp 2.6.xx was there and I installed it but still no Gimp. I did a restart and Repair Broken Packages but no help. Can somebody help me out of my own manure?

I'm running a K8M800 BioStar MB with an AMD dual core and 2 gig of RAM.

When I start Gimp from the command line I get; th1bill@th1bill-desktop:~$ gimp
gimp: error while loading shared libraries: libgegl-0.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory th1bill@th1bill-desktop:~$

When I searched synaptic I found libgegl-0.0-0 but not the one in the error message.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

John Coppens
2010-03-29 23:35:13 UTC (about 14 years ago)

Gimp Install Trouble

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:29:14 +0200 (CEST) "Bill T." wrote:

When I searched synaptic I found libgegl-0.0-0 but not the one in the error message.

I don't know Synaptic, but I'm guessing the libgegl-0.0-0 package will install as the correct .so.0 library. Package names usually don't include 'so', as the installation will frequently include other files too.

John

2010-03-30 01:42:13 UTC (about 14 years ago)
postings

Gimp Install Trouble

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:29:14 +0200 (CEST) "Bill T." wrote:

I don't know Synaptic, but I'm guessing the libgegl-0.0-0 package will install as the correct .so.0 library. Package names usually don't include 'so', as the installation will frequently include other files too.

John

I was given the command to purge and reinstall and everything id solved, Thanks.