RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

color and grey-scale.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

color and grey-scale. Adam Gautier 15 Feb 17:52
  color and grey-scale. Jeff Trefftzs 15 Feb 19:09
Re  : color and grey-scale. Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 15 Feb 19:44
adam_gautier@yahoo.com 07 Oct 20:16
  color and grey-scale. Timothy E. Jedlicka - wrk 15 Feb 20:28
Adam Gautier
2004-02-15 17:52:12 UTC (about 20 years ago)

color and grey-scale.

I have a newbie question; so please be forgiving with my terminology. I want to take a color image and make it one color. Basically, any color red, yellow, ... would be made say, blue. Any transparent or white pixels are transparent. I tried converting to grey-scale as a first step. Now, I don't know how to get the blue color into the image. I tried selecting sections by color and replacing but that looked horible. Is it possible to not just end up with a matte, all blue image, when I am done. It would be great if when converting to one color the different colors were preserved (red converts to blue and yellow gets converted to a lighter blue). I hope this makes sense.

I am looking for a script ore something that could automate this process. Any suggedtions would be great. Again, I am a newbie so please make any responses easy to follow.

Thank-you in advance.

===== +
+ Adam T. Gautier
+ email : adam_gautier@yahoo.com
+ phone: (617) 557-9699
+

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online.
http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
Jeff Trefftzs
2004-02-15 19:09:42 UTC (about 20 years ago)

color and grey-scale.

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 08:52, Adam Gautier wrote:

I have a newbie question; so please be forgiving with my terminology. I want to take a color image and make it one color. Basically, any color red, yellow, ... would be made say, blue. Any transparent or white pixels are transparent.

Have you tried this?

1. Duplicate the layer you want to play with. 2. In the duplicate layer, use //Desaturate to make it a pseudo grayscale image.
3. Select a monochrome gradient (e.g., blue to white or blue to transparent).
4. Use ///Gradient Map
and hey, presto!

You may wish to start by using the color-to-alpha filter first to convert the white pixels to transparent, say as step 2a, if you really want transparency.

HTH,

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-02-15 19:44:58 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Re  : color and grey-scale.

Le 15.02.2004 17:52, Adam Gautier a écrit :

I have a newbie question; so please be forgiving with my terminology. I want to take a color image and make it one color. Basically, any color red, yellow, ... would be made say, blue. Any transparent or white pixels are transparent. I tried converting to grey-scale as a first step. Now, I don't know how to get the blue color into the image. I tried selecting sections by color and replacing but that looked horible. Is it possible to not just end up with a matte, all blue image, when I am done. It would be great if when converting to one color the different colors were preserved (red converts to blue and yellow gets converted to a lighter blue). I hope this makes sense.

I am looking for a script ore something that could automate this process. Any suggedtions would be great. Again, I am a newbie so please make any responses easy to follow.

Thank-you in advance.

Maybe you can have a try to :
right clic -> Tools -> Color TOols -> Colorize And there you can choose the hue / saturation / brightness

Timothy E. Jedlicka - wrk
2004-02-15 20:28:06 UTC (about 20 years ago)

color and grey-scale.

You could follow this technique using "blue" for your "sepia" tone. http://gimpguru.org/Tutorials/SepiaToning2/ -----
Timothy Jedlicka, bonzo@lucent.com, 1-630-713-4436, AOL-IM=bonzowork Network Entomologist, Lucent Technologies, Testers For Hire