RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

mdk sane + 2.0

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mdk sane + 2.0 sime 15 Feb 12:52
  mdk sane + 2.0 BandiPat 15 Feb 14:13
   mdk sane + 2.0 Sven Neumann 15 Feb 14:54
    mdk sane + 2.0 BandiPat 15 Feb 23:29
sime
2004-02-15 12:52:59 UTC (about 20 years ago)

mdk sane + 2.0

I installed the appropriate stuff to do scanning with mdk with the stock 1.2.5 (mdk 9.2) Gimp.

What do i need to change so that SANE can work with 2.0, or do i need it install a SANE for 2.0

(sane newbie)

-sime

BandiPat
2004-02-15 14:13:23 UTC (about 20 years ago)

mdk sane + 2.0

On Sunday 15 February 2004 06:52 am, sime wrote:

I installed the appropriate stuff to do scanning with mdk with the stock 1.2.5 (mdk 9.2) Gimp.

What do i need to change so that SANE can work with 2.0, or do i need it install a SANE for 2.0

(sane newbie)

-sime

The Sane plugin for Gimp 2.0 has not been updated yet, but should be by the final release. I do believe that Sven or somebody did revise it themselves, but to keep conflicts down with the original maintainer, did not include it with the new Gimp. I'll let them comment on it's availability.

Patrick

Sven Neumann
2004-02-15 14:54:10 UTC (about 20 years ago)

mdk sane + 2.0

Hi,

BandiPat writes:

The Sane plugin for Gimp 2.0 has not been updated yet, but should be by the final release. I do believe that Sven or somebody did revise it themselves, but to keep conflicts down with the original maintainer, did not include it with the new Gimp. I'll let them comment on it's availability.

You are confusing SANE and XSane here. SANE is the scanner infrastructure and XSane is just an alternative GUI frontend to SANE. IIRC both come with GIMP plug-ins. I don't know about the state of the SANE plug-in but AFAIK the XSane plug-in hasn't been released for GIMP-2.0 yet. The necessary changes are fairly trivial though and I sent my patches to the plug-in author. He promised me to do an updated release. If that hasn't happened yet, perhaps someone should send him a mail and politely ask about the status.

Sven

BandiPat
2004-02-15 23:29:26 UTC (about 20 years ago)

mdk sane + 2.0

On Sunday 15 February 2004 08:54 am, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

BandiPat writes:

You are confusing SANE and XSane here. SANE is the scanner infrastructure and XSane is just an alternative GUI frontend to SANE. IIRC both come with GIMP plug-ins. I don't know about the state of the SANE plug-in but AFAIK the XSane plug-in hasn't been released for GIMP-2.0 yet. The necessary changes are fairly trivial though and I sent my patches to the plug-in author. He promised me to do an updated release. If that hasn't happened yet, perhaps someone should send him a mail and politely ask about the status.

Sven _______________________________________________

Right you are Sven! I was thinking of xsane too, being able to call it from Gimp. There should be no problem with Sane and Gimp then, only XSane. I haven't heard anything more out of the plugin since you mentioned your patches here, so I'm not sure if the author has made the fix or not.

So "sime", does your scanning work with Gimp 1.2.x & MDK 9.x or not? If so, then all you need is the new plugin for 2.0, when the author makes the necessary fixes!

Patrick