RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

help files?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

help files? Corasande@cs.com 10 Feb 13:53
  help files? Jonathan Chetwynd 10 Feb 16:26
  help files? Sven Neumann 10 Feb 19:55
help files? Michael Schumacher 10 Feb 21:20
  help files? Sven Neumann 10 Feb 22:09
Corasande@cs.com
2004-02-10 13:53:34 UTC (about 20 years ago)

help files?

At the moment most of GIMP is over my head, so I was trying to look up something in the help files, but I get an error message:

Could not find the GIMP Help Browser procedure. It probably was not compiled because you don't have GtkXmHTML installed

Then there are buttons for "Use Netscape instead" and Cancel.

Netscape is not installed on this computer which has windows 98, using GIMP version 1.2.5. I'm lost and don't understand what this means.

Thanks Sandy

Jonathan Chetwynd
2004-02-10 16:26:01 UTC (about 20 years ago)

help files?

Sandy

http://www.gimp.org/docs.html may be what you want

thanks

Jonathan Chetwynd http://www.peepo.co.uk
"It's easy to use"

Sven Neumann
2004-02-10 19:55:13 UTC (about 20 years ago)

help files?

Hi,

Corasande@cs.com writes:

At the moment most of GIMP is over my head, so I was trying to look up something in the help files, but I get an error message:

Could not find the GIMP Help Browser procedure. It probably was not compiled because you don't have GtkXmHTML installed

Netscape is not installed on this computer which has windows 98, using GIMP version 1.2.5. I'm lost and don't understand what this means.

IIRC, GIMP on Windows uses IE even though the GUI says Netscape. There used to be a bug report about this. Did you try to click the "Use Netscape" button?

Sven

Michael Schumacher
2004-02-10 21:20:38 UTC (about 20 years ago)

help files?

Sven wrote:

Hi,

Corasande@cs.com writes:

[...]

IIRC, GIMP on Windows uses IE even though the GUI says Netscape. There used to be a bug report about this. Did you try to click the "Use Netscape" button?

GIMP on Win32 uses the systems default browser. Which, IMHO, should never be IE unless you know what you're doing ;)

HTH, Michael

Sven Neumann
2004-02-10 22:09:39 UTC (about 20 years ago)

help files?

Hi,

"Michael Schumacher" writes:

GIMP on Win32 uses the systems default browser. Which, IMHO, should never be IE unless you know what you're doing ;)

Good point :)

Sven