RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Scissor problems pre2.0

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Scissor problems pre2.0 Timothy E. Jedlicka - wrk 08 Feb 22:51
  Scissor problems pre2.0 Sven Neumann 08 Feb 23:17
Timothy E. Jedlicka - wrk
2004-02-08 22:51:31 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Scissor problems pre2.0

I'm having trouble with Scissors (Select Shape from Image) in Pre2.0. Sometimes I can close the selection with a shift-click on the beginning point, then click in the middle of the outline and I get the marching ants. But other times I try to Shift-click to close the path(?) then click in the middle, and it draws another segment instead of turning my outline into a selection. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to consistently close a scissor path and turn it into the selection?
-----
Timothy Jedlicka, bonzo@lucent.com, 1-630-713-4436, AOL-IM=bonzowork Network Entomologist, Lucent Technologies, Testers For Hire

Sven Neumann
2004-02-08 23:17:57 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Scissor problems pre2.0

Hi,

"Timothy E. Jedlicka - wrk" writes:

I'm having trouble with Scissors (Select Shape from Image) in Pre2.0. Sometimes I can close the selection with a shift-click on the beginning point, then click in the middle of the outline and I get the marching ants. But other times I try to Shift-click to close the path(?) then click in the middle, and it draws another segment instead of turning my outline into a selection. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to consistently close a scissor path and turn it into the selection?

You don't need to Shift-Click, a simple click in the right spot does the trick. Then, watch the cursor. If you managed to close the shape, the cursor will not show a + sign if inside the shape and the forbidden sign when outside the shape.

Yes, I admit this could be improves. Patches to improve iscissors are of course very much welcomed.

Sven