RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to multiple-copy image, with offset?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to multiple-copy image, with offset? Des Aubery 06 Feb 10:53
  How to multiple-copy image, with offset? Sven Neumann 06 Feb 13:18
   How to multiple-copy image, with offset? Des Aubery 06 Feb 15:42
des@adtherm.com 07 Oct 20:16
  How to multiple-copy image, with offset? Timothy E. Jedlicka - wrk 06 Feb 22:36
   How to multiple-copy image, with offset? Des Aubery 08 Feb 16:54
Des Aubery
2004-02-06 10:53:33 UTC (about 20 years ago)

I would like to copy an image multiple times, each one with an offset in the vertical direction - thus forming a composite picture, from an original thin strip... lets say I have an image, & I want to copy it upwards, say 10 times ie. copy up 0+y bits, paste, repeat, at position 0+2y... etc... how to do it?

Sven Neumann
2004-02-06 13:18:46 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Des Aubery writes:

I would like to copy an image multiple times, each one with an offset in the vertical direction - thus forming a composite picture, from an original thin strip... lets say I have an image, & I want to copy it upwards, say 10 times ie. copy up 0+y bits, paste, repeat, at position 0+2y... etc... how to do it?

Sounds like you want to use one of the Tile plug-ins.

Sven

Des Aubery
2004-02-06 15:42:27 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Thanks Sven,

I will experiment & feed back...

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 19:18, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Des Aubery writes:

Sounds like you want to use one of the Tile plug-ins.

Sven

Timothy E. Jedlicka - wrk
2004-02-06 22:36:11 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, "Des" == Des Aubery wrote:

Des> I would like to copy an image multiple times, each one with an offset in Des> the vertical direction

You could also check out "montage" which is part of Imagemagick. -----
Timothy Jedlicka, bonzo@lucent.com, 1-630-713-4436, AOL-IM=bonzowork Network Entomologist, Lucent Technologies, Testers For Hire

Des Aubery
2004-02-08 16:54:12 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Thanks Timothy,

'montage' was indeed able to do what I wanted to achieve... thanks so much...

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 04:36, Timothy E. Jedlicka - wrk wrote:

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, "Des" == Des Aubery wrote:

Des> I would like to copy an image multiple times, each one with an offset in Des> the vertical direction

You could also check out "montage" which is part of Imagemagick. -----
Timothy Jedlicka, bonzo@lucent.com, 1-630-713-4436, AOL-IM=bonzowork Network Entomologist, Lucent Technologies, Testers For Hire